Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I think one word could describe our weekend - LAZY. Usually this weekend is my official fun in the sun, party up, sun tan kick off. However, I think because we have been so on the go, we just took it easy.

Saturday Bo had a race early in the morning while the girls and I slept until 9:30. Our electrician family friend came over and installed our new light fixtures and fixed our outlets. So, I can finally say the kitchen is D-O-N-E! He also put in a new bathroom light in the girls' bathroom.  Bo went to the grocery store and  I went to the pool while the girls took a nap. I learned then that the pool was just too chilly to enjoy. There was no need to take the girls there because all they would want to do is be in the water, and it was just too cold, although it was stifling outside. We made a yummy dessert that Bo's mom makes. That night I went out with my friends from Georgetown. We went to Olive Garden and then to the mall for a bit. Bo took the girls to a Tides baseball game for a date night. The girls had a blast with him. They got free bats for being some of the first fans there. Hannah loved the dancing "animal" - Riptide, the mascot. Emma loved seeing Sarah - and Brandon too! They both LOVED getting their cotton candy. I think they had a great night with Bo and I surely enjoyed some time with friends.

Sunday - mmmmmm, slept until 9:30. Bo did go to Sunday School because he had to teach. I think the girls and I had breakfast around 10:00. It was a clean up, organize, collect yard sale items kind of day. I did manage to get our beach things out and organize our beach bag necessities in my new 31 utility tote. I believe I read the whole rest of the day. My sister came over with Andy and she went through my maternity clothes that she wants. They stayed for dinner and the girls and Andy played for awhile.

Monday - pretty much a repeat of Sunday. Bo had a race, the girls and I slept until 9:30!  I read all day long and then we managed to get out of the house for a little cookout at mom and dads. It sure was good - you do have to have some good grilled food on Memorial Day weekend.

So.....to be honest, I was super lazy because all I wanted to do was finish the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. I read, and read, and read - and the books were REEEEEEALLL good!

This week at work has flown by. Testing is still going on and I have inventoried around 4,000 books already. We are moving right along! We also found out that my sister is going to have a GIRL yesterday!!!! We are really excited about that!

Bo and I have been watching Hatfields and McCoys too. All in all - nothing too exciting around here!


Bo posted these pics of the girls at the baseball game.



No comments:

Post a Comment