Friday, June 1, 2012

Emma's Bargain

After work I go to pick up the girls from mom and dads. They were both still napping and it was going on 4:30, so I went to wake them up. Hannah wakes up so happy to see me, telling me about her day and asking me how work was - so sweet. And then.....there was Emma.

She did not want to get up. She did not want to see me. She only wanted her GaGa to get her up. She would not give me a hug. She would want talk to me. I have no idea what I did to her, but she was certainly not happy with me. When it was time to go, she refused to leave. She was kicking, screaming, full out tantrum to go home. She said, "you can come get me later mama" and "don't take my things."

So, I told Hannah we would go to Chick Fil A night in hopes that would get her to go with us - nope. That didn't work either. So, I left Emma there.

On the way home I asked Hannah what she would like to do since it was just the two of us. I asked her what she felt like doing and she said, "probably......go to Wal Mart!" " I can get a pretzel!"

So, we went through Chick Fil A drive through, took it home to get Lilly in the house and ate. Then, we went to Wal Mart. Mom and I had already talked and she said she would meet me at Wal Mart with Emma. She said Emma was perfectly happy. She was swinging outside and my mom said she made a bargain with her while talking to her outside. Mom didn't tell me what because she wanted Emma to explain it herself.

So, we meet mom and E at Wal Mart and she is just fine. We walk around, get a few things and head on out to the car. We get her things out of mom's car and then we start walking to the van. Emma said, "mommy, I have a secret." She said, "next time, GaGa wakes me up and you take me home." I said, "oh, is this what you thought about so we don't' have another day like today?" She said, "yes."

My goodness. My mom said it was so funny the way she devised this plan of how from now on if my mom wakes her up from her nap, THEN, she would go home with me. Seriously?

I talked to mom later and she said when Emma was swinging mom asked her if she was ready to go now. Emma said, "I need a little while longer." Mom said she is so intuitive about her phone conversations and how she knew it was almost June and then how her birthday would be coming up in August. I just can't believe how much she has grown this year. She has not had a tantrum like that in a very long time, so I think it was just time for her to have some space from Hannah. This is the first week with no preschool, second week of no dance class, and we had a long weekend together - I think she was just over it. She just wanted some one on one time with my mom!

I think Hannah needed it too and I loved the one on one time with Hannah Boo, so I guess it all worked out in the end.

Girls, girls - drama, drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment