We saw the giraffes, elephants and lions. Emma calls giraffes "raffs" and made her elephant noise when seeing the elephants. Then, we stopped and had a lunch in the cafe. After lunch we went to the other side of the zoo and saw the farm animals, reptile house and monkeys. There were turkeys, sheep, pigs, cows and chickens that Emma thought were hilarious. Hannah fell asleep at the very last stop - the monkeys. The monkeys loved Emma. There were three of them that kept coming right up to her and entertaining her. It started to cloud up and sprinkle so we headed out around 12:30. It was a perfect amount of time. The kids slept on the way home. We took them both upstairs when we got home and they slept for another hour and a half. They were both really cute and Emma LOVED the animals!
Monday, May 31, 2010
Notice the "boo boo" she has on her forehead. She had a fall the Friday before. Her and Bo were playing "knock knock" on the door in our bedroom and she was having so much fun that she tripped, fell and hit the footboard of our bed. It scared me to death. We were right there with her, but it was just a situation where there was nothing you could do to control it. She was okay, it swelled like crazy immediately, but the swelling went down the next day and then she just had this scratch. Poor baby.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Later that evening, we got together with my dad's mom with my family and cousin and his wife(who are pregnant!) and went out for dinner. It was nice to relax and spend time with the most wonderful people I know.
I think it is so important to show our mothers how much we love them. I appreciate my mom so much and have learned so many things from her. She will still tell me when I am wrong or what I need to do to make something better. She has always had high expectations for me. I try so hard to make her proud and I never want to disappoint her. I know that I am a lot like her! I am proud to be her daughter! I love you mom!
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
- reaching for everything
- getting a little temper when having to take something away
- putting herself to sleep at night (yes!)
- sitting up and playing for about 30 mins on her own
- recognizing songs
- outgrew the swing (up in the attic again until another baby comes)
- loves cold teething toys
- rolling over
- turning her head when she hears her name
- getting into a crawling position and moving her legs
- crying if you walk away from her
Monday, May 3, 2010
- I leave work and go to mom's house to get kids - we decide to go to ballgame
- Bo wants to go, so he drives to moms house and meets us
- We all depart (Bo, me, mom, emma &hannah) in the Hamrick van
- I drove, parked the van at the ballfield (about 45 mins away from home) and got everyone out
- Foul Ball was hit - ball lands on our windshield
- Glass goes everywhere, hole in the windshield, glass in the car
- We call insurance agent, decide we can't drive the car home due to the extensive windshield damage
- Had to switch the car seats from the van to my aunt's suburban
- It is dinner time, kids are cranky, I am stressed, trying to figure out what to do with the van
- My uncle and Bo contact a tow truck
- My dad has to come to Wakefield to bring my mom's vehicle so we can get home
- Car seats are in aunt's suburban, mom, me, kids, grandmother and two little cousins leave to go to a restaurant
- Bo and my uncle wait for the tow truck and my dad meets them at the ballfield
- diaper changes, we all eat dinner, then load into my mom's vehicle (and all of our stuff has now been switched twice), to get back home
- CRANKY kids in the car!!!!
- Arrive at mom and dad's again, switch all "stuff" to Bo's vehicle
- Drive back home
- Kids are driving me nuts
- It is now about 9:30 pm
- Get home, baths, bed
- no van until Monday
- I had to go to ODU on Saturday morning to just present all of my work from the hole semester - my nerves were already bad enough!
- Had to drive Bo's car to campus, left the lights on (I am not used to turning them off), battery went dead, strange location, had to go to fire station across the street to get the car jumped
- Sunday - couldn't go anywhere
- Monday - had to drive my mom's car to work
- Windshield gets replaced
- Monday afternoon - drive back to Wakefield with mom and kids to get the van, had to vacume the van at my aunt and uncle's house to get all of the glass out
- had to put car seats back in the van
- FINALLY things are back to normal
No other word can describe that evening and weekend other than CRAZINESS. I am not a very easy going person anyway. I like things to be organized and I don't deal well with chaos. I am trying to be better at this and I think I would have been somewhat better if I did not have such a big deal with graduate work the very next day. Anyway, all is done! Now I can laugh, but it was a very interesting weekend of events. Here is a picture of the van, which really does not do it justice. The whole was here, but cracks spread throughout the whole windshield.