Monday, May 21, 2012

Dance Recital

Friday was Emma's first dance recital. We were all very excited about the night and Bo's parents even came from Raleigh for the big event. Emma and her little friends were just adorable all dressed up with their costumes, makeup and hair done. Emma and Hannah just love makeup these days and want me to put lip gloss on them all the time. While getting ready at the performance Emma did not want to take a sip of drink because she did not want to mess up her lipstick - haha. I think the moms were more nervous than the kids. I knew she did great on rehearsal day, but you just never know what kids will do when all of the lights are on them and so many people in the audience.

I spent the entire night reminicing about my days of dance at the same studio, the same teachers, the same music, most of the same routines and the same stage. The dance studio is not a very modern studio. The owner/instructor has always been pretty old fashioned, but teaches technique, ballet history, musicals/broadway and proper ballet/tap movement names. In a way I like how there is no hiphop/booty shaking music and I remember being in the studio and wanting so badly to learn the main "big girl" dances like "Hello Dolly," "All that Jazz" and of course "The Chorus Line."

So, to see my little girl on the stage, not only looking like me, but having the same mannerisms was just a proud moment. She did her routines PERFECTLY. I saw her even look down at one point just to make sure she was standing on her spot - something I remember being very conscientious of.

Hannah had some Hannah moments during the show where she could just not be still or kept talking too much. She wasn't being bad, just Hannah! We all had to take turns and take her to the back of the auditorium so she could walk around a little. She thought that she should be on the stage too. We keep telling her she can do it next year.

After the show the first thing Emma said to me was, "mama, my feet hurt!" It was also 10:30 at night and I knew she was just exhausted! Emma got some pretty flowers and presents from all of her family. My parents gave her a ballet doll, Bo and I gave her a ballet book, a Dora toy she had been wanting and the statuate of her dance picture. Mammie gave her a ballet picture frame and Lindsay gave her a little dance stuffed dog. Bo's parents had given her crayons, color books, stickers and a princess pool twirler before we left that night. They also gave her flowers after the performance. All in all I would say she racked up pretty good in the present/flower department. 


 Emma's best dance friends - Audry and Lauren
dance moms and the dancers
 the girls, moms and Mrs. Nancy (their dance teacher)
 Gaga and Emma before the show

ballet
 ballet
 tap routine
 tap routine
 tap
 tap
 exiting the tap routine
 finale routine

here she comes!
 all her flowers and balloons
 doll from Gaga and PopPop
picture dance statue from mommy and daddy
 proud parents
 proud Gaga and PopPop
 Emma with the Hamricks
 Emma with Mammie
 Emma with Aunt Lindsay
 Emma and daddy


Emma at home with all of her flowers and gifts

I loved seeing her shine that night and although Hannah was not too happy about her sister getting so much attention, she surely deserved it. I think she only missed two dance classes the entire year. She has loved it and progressed and retained so much. She was also the youngest in her class, which would make the youngest in the entire show. For being three years old, remembering all of her steps and being so brave on stage, we just could not be happier. We are SO PROUD of you Emma and you were a BEAUTIFUL little dancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment