Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day!

Mother's Day was very nice, as usual! The girls woke me up with cards and my annual present (spa gift card to use whenever I need a "day") We had a busy Mother's Day because we had baby Colby's baptism at church as well as Kelly's confirmation. So, Dawn and Joey fed everyone at church when the crowd departed. It was nice not having to fight crowds as restaurants and we had a lot of room all to ourselves at church. The girls loved telling everyone about Disney too.

 love the way Emma signed her name on my card!
love Hannah's H's and scribble after it!!
me and the girls at church
Joey playing Disney guessing songs with the girls
mom and the girls
back at mom's house 


 showing Mammie all of our Disney pictures
 silly Andy - getting so big!


 outside fun and popsicles before we left

I feel so blessed to be a mommy. I am reminded everyday what a gift it is and how having children teaches you many life lessons and Godly values. I have learned so much from my motherhood years.  It is also a day that I think of our baby that did not make it past 12 weeks. I saw that heartbeat so I know the baby was alive and that I will see him/her again one day. 

Two things that put a damper on the day would be Granny's absence. I know my dad was constantly reminded that day that it was the first Mother's Day without his mom. I surely missed her when taking pictures because we had a Mother's Day picture taken last year of us. 

Also, I was sick as a dog later that evening. The pressure in my head was terrible - couldn't breathe and had a sore throat. I went to bed at 8:30. Bo did bath time and the bedtime routine with the girls solo. I woke up still feeling bad, so took half a day this morning and went to the doctor. I definitely have a sinus infection and so I got a Z pack, which will hopefully kick in soon. I went in to work for the last half of the day. I am spending more and more time with my principal going over testing information/technology procedures, and completing our school wide technology inventory. This is my last week of library classes as testing begins next week - holy cow! Where did the school year go? After testing is over i have to begin my library inventory and collect materials and technology from the teachers. 

Oh, and GREAT NEWS!!! Baby Cooper, my friend Laura's baby, who was born in the middle of January finally got to come home today! Words cannot express how happy I am for her! 


 Tomorrow I take Hannah to her pediatric eye appointment. This is a follow up from the hemangioma she had on her eye as an infant. It gradually faded away on its own, and was so small probably nobody would have noticed it but me. But, we are seeing some "things" going on with her vision that have me a little concerned so we are following up with that tomorrow. I will update on that when I get some more information.

We have dance rehearsal for Emma this week at the recital site and then the big dance recital Friday night as well so LOTS going on again this week. Hope that your Mother's Day was memorable and have a great week.





No comments:

Post a Comment