Sunday, July 4, 2010

Father's Day

We had a very nice Father's Day. The girls gave Bo a new IPOD travel case/speaker thing to take to the beach and pool this summer as well as a new Wii game. I love the cards that we gave to him this year. Hannah gave him one that says, "DADA" on the front, which is perfect because she is saying that so much now. Emma gave him one that says, "From Daddy's Little Girl," which suits her so well because he always asks her, "who's a daddy's girl?" and she says, "me!" I gave him a funny one that had a cartoon couple "making out" on the front that says something about how things use to be, you open it up and it says, "that is how we got into this parenting stuff to begin with." It also plays music inside. It made me laugh. I also gave him a sweet one about how I love seeing him be a daddy.

We started the day with church, ate lunch and went to the pool. That evening we went to my mom and dad's house for a cookout. Emma ate corn on the cob! We enjoyed the evening with everyone in my immediate family. It was a very nice day. Emma and Hannah love their daddy so much. I also appreciate Bo more than ever and love watching him be a daddy. These girls definately have him wrapped around their little fingers and Emma especially knows how to get what she wants by going to her daddy! Bo works hard for us and supports us in everything that we want to do for our girls' future. He is a wonderful father.



I am so grateful for my father and be being able to spend the time with him on Father's Day. He has worked or I have been out of town for the past few father's days. So, it was nice to be with him. He is one of the hardest working people I know and has sacrificed so much for his family. My mom and dad have both lost their fathers and I know it must be difficult to celebrate a holiday like this for many people. This day has really made me think how lucky I am to be surrounded by loving, supportive and respectful men.



No comments:

Post a Comment