Saturday, June 19, 2010

SUMMER!!!!

Chesapeake's last day of school was Thursday, the 17th. It was a half day for them! I was so ready for this day! I love how our school sends them off. At the sound of the bell our school plays summer music over the intercom. They play "Summertime, Summertime, Sum, Sum, Summertime" and "Celebrate Good Times." The kids blow their noise makers, the teachers wear silly hats, etc. The teachers line up on our bus ramp. Our security guard waves his hand and blows his whistle for the buses to go. The bus drivers blow their horns and the teachers go crazy as each bus heads out - and we have about twenty buses. I always get chill bumps as this happens. It is a great feeling to send another class on! I have finished my sixth year teaching - hard to believe! We just have a workday on Friday and that is all! Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment