Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Robbie and April's Baby Shower

Robbie is my first cousin on my dad's side of the family. He and his wife April have been married a long time and faced difficulties getting pregnant for several years, even longer than Bo and I. They miscarried, went through IUI's and even In Vitro. We did a lot together because we were in the same situation for a long time. Boy did I feel so horrible to tell them when I was pregnant - twice. They had pretty much accepted that a baby was not in the future and handled it so well. We were so happy for them when they found out they were pregnant just after Christmas. This is a real miracle baby and this baby will be so incredibly loved with parents who have waited a very long time.

We gave them a baby shower on July 24th. It was a couple's shower and although it was very hot, we had a nice time and they receieved many beautiful gifts for baby girl Adaire. We also had family from Maryland come and it was so great to see them. I got to meet my cousin Autumn for the first time and she is going in second grade! She loved playing with Emma and Hannah and she was just adorable. Here are some pictures from a great day of celebration. I am so happy for this amazing couple. They will be amazing parents and I am so excited for our kids to grow up together! Moreover, I cannot wait to see them hold their baby!




Autumn playing with the girls




Family picture - but my kids had gone home with Bo!
At dinner the next evening - you can't see Hannah Boo's head.

No comments:

Post a Comment