Monday, June 25, 2012

Start to Summer

The first few days of summer have been pretty packed. We had a fun day on Thursday with Emma's little friend Lauren from dance. Her mom and I have become good friends this year but have not had the girls together since dance ended. So, they met us at the YMCA pool that day. They had such a good time and before Maryanne and I knew it, it was 1:30 and the kids had not had lunch! So, we changed everyone and then went to Chick Fil A. I think we were there about an hour since they had to play in the play area and then they had ice cream. They had a great day together and we both notice how Emma and Lauren just play so well together.
the girls with Lauren at Chick Fil A

Friday I had a day out to myself. I first had my "yearly"appointment, and I would never mention that on here but wanted to express my relief that none of my "issues" from last year were present this year. I was nervous going in that another lump would be found or another biopsy would need to be done but he said I was in perfect health and 17 pounds lighter than last year!

After the appointment I hit the $13.99 sale at Gymboree, stocked up on my hair products, picked up lunch for me and Laura and then went to her house to FINALLY hold her sweet, precious baby boy who was born so early in January. They definitely needed some time to adjust at home and Laura is still on dialysis three times a week. I don't know how they are managing everything but it was so good to see her hold her adorable baby! He just stared at me and would smile every now and then. He loved his little swing but then got sleepy and went right to sleep in Laura's arms. I am just so happy for this friend of mine to see her hold her baby and know that he is healthy and at home. I still pray for her everyday and hope that her health improves and that she has a successful transplant match and surgery in the months to come. Friday night we had a ton of storms move through. They lasted pretty much until the girls went to bed and it was a nice night to stay in.
me and baby Cooper

Saturday was nice. Bo got the oil changed in the van and then we took the girls back to the YMCA pool. (The neighborhood pool is just not as fun these days as the splash pad and water buckets at the Y). We came home for lunch and then I started getting ready for our date night. Sam came over to watch the girls and Bo and I went to price and get samples of hardwood floors and then he took me shopping at Ann Taylor Loft since hardly any of my clothes fit and I needed some nice work clothes for my conference this week. After that we went to our annual anniversary dinner at the Melting Pot. It was super good as usual and we even ran into Carrie and Luke who were also eating there for their anniversary.  Sam sent us some pictures that night and the girls just love her so much - they had a fun night too.


 Melting Pot shot
 picture from Sam
 the lovely mess the girls made while playing with Sam


Sunday morning I started packing and getting ready for my trip, our beach trip and getting the girls' things organized for being away for four days. The girls were playing dress up while I was working and Hannah just cracked me up wearing her Pocahontas costume. We went to mom and dad's later because they needed Bo's help in cleaning some things out of the old store. So, they fed us lunch and dinner. 

Today I am finalizing some things for my trip since I leave tomorrow for my conference. I am packing for the beach, since we leave as soon as I get home from MD. There is a lot to prepare for especially with the girls going between my mom, Bo, Beth and Bremer while I am gone. The girls will be fine since it is pretty much their normal schedule aside from staying one night with mom and dad. I am not worried about them, I am more worried about them having all of the things they need and easy for Bo to get everything to the right place. I leave tomorrow around 9AM. I am riding with three other work friends and we will be at the conference Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning. Bo picks me up Friday and then we will all be under one roof again that night. I will have time to do laundry, repack, get kids in bed, go out with the girls to a late showing of "Magic Mike" and then I have Carrie's baby shower Saturday morning and finally hit the road for the beach - but at least its for a week this time and we will actually have time to sit back and relax a little.


We definitely have a busy week and a lot of chaos going on! I may not have any updates until after our beach week!

No comments:

Post a Comment