Sunday, June 3, 2012

Great Weekend

So, I guess we made up from our laziness (AKA me not putting down Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy) from last weekend. Friday night was pretty laid back. Bo went to fix a friend's sink so the girls and I stayed home after I visited a friend for a short while. The weather around Hampton Roads that night was just crazy. Storms were all around us and a water spout turned into a tornado and hit the Hampton area. Just as we were ready for the kids to go to bed the warnings began to flash around us. There was an area of rotation in north Suffolk and then two were south of us. The whole system was moving over us. It was 9:00 and we figured we would just keep the kids up just in case things got too bad. It was a good storm, but nothing severe ended up in our area. We moved the girls' dollhouses together so they could be neighbors since we didn't want Emma playing near the windows and they thought that was just the greatest thing ever. They played so well that it really didn't end up to matter that they were up later than they should be. I guess they went to bed right before 10:00 and then Bo and I stayed up to almost 1:00 finishing the Hatfields and McCoys series. It was really, good - something I would not ordinarily think of watching, but Bo really liked it. It had some difficult parts to watch with intense violence, but I did learn a lot from watching it since it was a true story.

Saturday started lazy. We were thinking of going to Lindsay's pool for the day, but the weather was not perfect - a little too cloudy for me to enjoy a pool. So, we decided to take the girls to the VA Beach Science Museum. They had never been before. The price for a day's visit for just the four of us was a little insane. However, for a little more you could become members and get free entry for an entire year. So, we decided to do that and we could also put my mom's name on the membership so she could take them. We didn't even get to see everything, so we will have to go back and it will also be nice to take visitors to. They had redone a lot of the museum since I had been - before Bo and I were even married. I use to take the boys I was a nanny for years ago and so much had changed I did not even recognize the place. We saw snakes, lizards, frogs, komodo dragons, all kinds of fish, sharks, rays, otters, a crocodile and I don't even know what else. The girls had a blast and we really enjoyed our day. Later we met up with Brandon and Sarah in VA Beach and went out to dinner with them.

 photo of me before leaving (courtesy of Hannah)









 these sting rays were hilarious - they would come right up to you like this wanting to be touched



 really cool reflection room
 a little dippin dot snack break


the otters were adorable - this was one waiting to be fed

 On a sad note, my cousin Joey's and Dawn's new baby Colby was admitted to the children's hospital on Saturday and we found out today that they are treating him for bacterial Meningitis. Poor Colby has to stay in the hospital for two weeks. Connie, Joey's mom (my mom's sister) has been a wreck. He had to have an IV put in and he has surgery tomorrow for a pic line. We are surely hoping he is well soon and that the doctors are giving him the best treatment there is. We are all pulling together this week to help out with Kelly and Connor too.

Today we went to Sunday School and then my cousin Courtney texted me that they were taking the boat out. Score!!! So, went back home, got our suits, went to mom and dads for lunch (they watched the girls for us) and then Buster, Annette and Courtney picked us up at mom and dads. We had a beautiful afternoon on the boat and I had never been on his boat before so I was loving it. Whitney actually stayed with the girls at mom and dads and Mammie ended up coming too so they had a nice time with the girls. 


 loved these dresses the girls wore for the first time today
 more photos I found on my phone today - this one from Emma I am sure - she has been learning how to hula hoop

 mom caught by one of the girls 
me and Bo soaking up the sun

This week is our last week of testing! We are testing Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in science. Tomorrow is a full workday for me since they do not test the kids on Mondays. This is the last full week. Next week is all half days and that is it aside from two workdays. As of Friday I had inventoried 6,000 books, so I am still doing pretty good for also being involved with so much testing and technology. (There are over 14,000 book in the library so I still have a lot to do). 

Hope you had a great weekend! We sure did - just hoping sweet Colby gets better soon and lots of prayers for my dear cousins and the rest of the Parrish fam. 


No comments:

Post a Comment