Wednesday, June 20, 2012

School's Out For Summer!

Yesterday concluded our teacher workdays and around lunchtime we were outta there! Is is really weird that I think I am going to miss working over the summer? I mean, I am going to love the time I will have with the girls, but I just like staying on a schedule. I like getting out of the house. I like socializing with friends at work! Aside from a conference, a beach trip and a visit to PA to visit Kristin, we really do not have a lot going on this summer. Disney was a big part of our vacation this year. We are also focusing a lot on my grandmother's estate and selling the properties. My parents are having the old family store completely redone with the assistance from the historical society. They too are also going to redo the house next door to them that was also inherited through my grandmother's estate. We have a lot going on and we need to focus on getting our family affairs in order.

So, we have a busy first couple of weeks of summer. First, I leave for Baltimore on Tuesday for a leadership conference for work. It is four days - but, I get all of my recertification points knocked out for the year! Plus - it's free - thanks Suffok Public Schools. PLUS - I get a hotel room to my self, free meals and social time with some other great professionals from my school. I am looking forward to it.

After that I come home for a dear friend's baby shower and then we are off to the beach for the week with the Hamricks. So - busy for the first couple of weeks. Then, things will slow down mid July.

After finally completing inventory and checking off teachers I left work yesterday feeling very accomplished about a successful and wonderful year. I could not have asked for anything more than that. I picked up the girls at moms and we all headed to Lindsay's pool to swim - we do that every year on my last workday.

Bo was running late, so we went to Mammie's for a yummy dinner - roast beef, fried sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, black eyed peas, fresh cucumbers and grilled chicken strips!!! She had something for everybody. I don't think I have eaten that much in months.

The girls love it when Mammie draws pictures for them. She drew a picture of Hannah's lamby, which she loved and she drew a picture of Emma's Barbie doll.



This morning was my first morning of summer sleeping in - and the girls did too thank goodness. Lilly is also doing so much better. She is back to sleeping on our bed, barking, jumping on the furniture, playing with her food, rolling on the floor, and licking our faces. It is amazing how she has bounced back. The only thing she is not really doing is going up the house stairs. I snapped a picture of her this morning with her new summer haircut. 



Today we also showed our house! It is not even on the market but a friend of mine's mother in law REALLY wants to move to our neighborhood. She knew we were hoping to sell soon and wanted to come see it to get first dibs on an offer. She loved it too and said it was a perfect place for her. Now - if she would buy it that would be wonderful! We will see. 

The girls and I had lunch at my favorite - Baker's Crust today and had to run to Babies R Us to buy a shower present. Tomorrow we may tackle the pool since it is HOT!!! Happy start to summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment