Monday, June 18, 2012

Catching Up

I wanted to write about my cousin Kelly's play that we went to see last Sunday the 10th. She is in a drama group and all year they have prepared for their big production, which was the Wizard of Oz. I took Emma and Bo stayed home with Hannah and Andy! Emma LOVED it. She did not know the story, so I was explaining it a lot, but she was not afraid of the witch or the wizard and those characters did get pretty loud and scary. The little girl who played Dorothy was adorable with a very talented voice and Kelly played a cute munchkin. We were very proud of Kelly, especially since she had been through so much that week with her brother being in the hospital and her parents juggling work and being with Colby at CHKD. Kelly took Emma backstage afterward and she thought she was meeting movie stars!



The rest of last week went by really fast as we had half days all week. Lilly has continued to improve each day, which we are so grateful for. She has gone back to sleeping in bed with me and Bo. She is getting around the house with no problems. She has started to climb the outside stairs, but not the inside stairs. She is barking again. Tonight she also jumped off and on the couch again. Her vision must be improving somewhat as she has been across the whole yard and come right to me and up the stairs to come inside with no problems. 

Friday was out last day of school for the kids. I have to admit that it was really hard saying goodbye to my fifth graders. When the kids exited the building all of the teachers were in a tunnel so they all walked through us and to the buses. The fifth graders were crying their eyes out, realizing they were not coming back to this school and seeing their teachers here again. I was really surprised how emotional they were and when some of them hugged me goodbye, I was really surprised that I was tearing up with them. They  may not had been "my students" but I did make connections with many of them, especially my monitors and it was much harder to say goodbye to them than I expected. 

Right after work that day Bo and I hit the road to Myrtle Beach for his cousin's wedding. It was a rushed, but nice weekend together. The girls had never been to a wedding before, so they were very interested in everything. Both of them danced their little hearts out that night and we all had a nice time. Hannah had her first sip of wine when she stuck her hand right in my wine glass during the toast and then proceeded to lick her fingers before I could do anything about it. We got home Sunday around 5:00 in time to pick up Lilly from mom and dad and see my dad for a bit on fathers day. 






The girls gave Bo some Polo shirts for Fathers Day and I gave my dad another one of his movie sets. I am really mad that I did not get a picture. We were in the car all day and then my parents' grill caught on fire while trying to cook dinner so that was really fun and everything just got thrown off track. The girls and myself are blessed to have such wonderful, loving fathers. 


I also had something really neat but strange happened when I got home Sunday evening. The kids were in the tub and I was unpacking my suitcase. The suitcase i was using was actually my Granny's. She had a really nice set that I wanted and have used since she passed away. I moved a pair of jeans from the bottom of the suitcase and there were two silly bands - the pig and the angel that I had found last year around this time in my house that I believe were signs from my cousin Mandy. The silly bands were certainly not there when I was packing and I have not seen them since last summer. I thought I had put them away in my jewelry box. The girls have not had them and they  had their own suitcases with their clothes and jewelry. I called for Bo and showed him and he immediately knew what I was thinking. The same two silly bands in my grandmother's suitcase. The suitcase had also been in the attic before I took it out for this weekend. Signs from heaven again? I think my grandmother and Mandy are together. 

I snapped a picture with my phone - the pig and angel together in the corner under my clothes in Granny's luggage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment