Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two Years Old

Yesterday Emma turned two! She totally understood that it was her birthday since she got to open cards that came in the mail and the one from us in the morning. She loves the cards that have music. We kept singing to her and asking her how old she is. She will respond by putting each pointer finger up on each hand and saying, "twooooo!" We told her that she would get her present later and that we will have her Abby party in a few days. I was so worried that she would be disappointed about not having her party that same day. We had to push the party to the next weekend since we were out of town this weekend.

At lunchtime my mom came over and let Emma open a few presents from her. The rest would wait until party day. Emma loved her new World Word DVD and Abby doll that you can dress with snap on clothes. I then got a phone call that the "big birthday present" had been delivered to my dad's business and so I needed to go pick it up. So, my mom stayed with the girls while I went to get it.

Emma with her presents from Gaga and Pop Pop

When I got back the girls went down for a nap and my mom and I put together her present. We did a good job and certainly saved Bo a lot of work! Here is Emma when she woke up from her nap with her present. Bo even came home early and got to see her get her present.

Emma with her kitchen
Her kitchen and birthday cards

We then decided to take Emma to where else - Chuck E Cheese - for dinner. We had been earlier in the summer with the girls and Emma had a good time, so we went again. My mom and sister joined and my two cousins Brandon and Drew stopped by since they cannot make it to her party, which was real sweet.

Emma had a blast playing games and going down the slide - by herself - which is what I am now noticing more and more of. She wants to do things on her own now.

us at Chuck E Cheese!

with cousins Brandon and Drew

going down the slide

Hannah riding on the Barney ride


Emma stomping on the lights

I think we turned in over five hundred tickets. Emma picked out all kinds of stuff she wanted and then we headed home. I think she had a good day but I am super excited about her party. We kept telling her that her party is soon and that we promise she will have Abby cake and more presents.

Happy Birthday Emma! We cannot believe you are TWO!!! We love you so, so, much!


No comments:

Post a Comment