Monday, August 9, 2010

Family Beach Trip

We took our traditional beach trip to Nags Head, NC with my family this month. My parents and my uncle's family went together and got an awesome house on the ocean. We had a beautiful week and enough entertainment in the house to keep us from wanting to go anywhere. We only ate out two nights! The other nights we cooked or had takeout. I barely put on makeup and changed out of a bathing suit and cover up. It was so relaxing and I enjoyed not having any school work to do for the first time in over two years. The house was full with my my mom, dad, sister, brother in law, Bo, the kids, uncle, aunt, three cousins, two of the cousins had friends, grandmother and other family that was in and out throughout the week. The place we had was so big though we would go hours without seeing everyone at the same time. The girls had a blast. They are definately beach babies. Emma will play in the sand but just doesn't like to get near the water ( I am the same way). Hannah loves anything. Emma would wake up and say, "the beach!" We also enjoyed nights in the theater room playing guitar hero with the teenagers and karaoke. Bo liked playing poker with the boys. My family always puts together a huge puzzle. I caught up on some reading too. It was also so nice to see the girls with their cousins. Emma loved to dance with my little cousin Whitney. Everyone got along, relaxed, did their own thing but enjoyed being around everyone and loved being with each other. Too bad we couldn't stay there for the rest of the summer. As we crossed the bridge coming home, Emma said, "bye bye beach." The next morning waking up she said, "go to beach!" She wanted to go back too. Thank you mom and dad for a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment