Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Emma's Birthday Party!

Emma's Party Invitation

Today was Emma's birthday party. I was so excited for her since we have talked about it for so long! She woke up this morning and said, "I'm two!" She knew it was party day. We decorated at the clubhouse the night before so she had seen the room. The morning flew by and in no time Bo's family had arrived. We had to get everyone dressed, get the balloons over and decorate the pool area. The cake arrived and then it was showtime!



Everything was Abby Cadabby. Emma has loved Abby Cadabby for awhile now and it was very fitting for a two year old's birthday.

Last year Emma was not in a very good party mood. This year she was still a little shy but she enjoyed opening her presents and eating. We had practiced blowing out candles for awhile and I just knew she would get stage fright and not blow out her candle. After singing, she blew, but not very hard. I said, "Okay, let's get Hannah and see if she will do it." Emma gave the biggest puff ever and blew that candle out with no problem! It was soooo funny!

We had a wonderful group of people who joined us to celebrate. I am so thankful for my family and little cousins who always make the effort to make birthdays special. Bo's family came in from Raleigh, Greensboro and Kannapolis and I was so glad they were there. Emma had a few of her little friends that are my friends' children. The children did some swimming, decorated wands and pennants and ate some good food.

Emma received some wonderful presents. My parents gave her a talking Abby doll, a Mickey book, a jewelery box with her birthstone ring, a cupcake necklace and ring, and some dishes for her kitchen. Bo's parents gave her an Abby fall outfit, Abby winter hat and gloves, a cake for her kitchen, the new Abby P is for Princess DVD, and another adorable fall outfit. She also received an Abby backpack and lunchbox for preschool, an Abby book with wand, some Word World animals, fall clothes, Minnie t-ball set and Minnie accessories, dress up jewelery, a 120 piece food set for her kitchen, some Play Dough and water colors, and some money. We also gave her a "Warning: I'm 2" t-shirt!



The weather was beautiful today and I thought everything went great. I was so excited for Emma to wear her Abby dress. My mom and I found this dress on the Internet that was handmade in Iowa! Emma was so precious in it. We had a great day and hope that Emma felt as special as she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment