Thursday, August 19, 2010

Brooks and Dunn

Bo and I had a night out on Sunday, August 15th. We had purchased Brooks and tickets early in the summer because it is their last tour. The first show was actually cancelled and so they rescheduled it for this night. We went with my cousin and his girlfriend. We ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise and then headed to the show. It was a perfect night for an outdoor concert - nice breeze, no humidity, clear as could be. Sarah Evans opened the show and I knew more of her music than I thought. I loved when she sang "Suds in the Bucket" and "I Could Not Ask For More." She did a fantastic job.

Brooks and Dunn were great. I have always loved their music. Bo loves the song "I Believe." The "My Maria" song reminds me so much of my cousin that passed away seven years ago. I also love "Red Dirt Road," "Neon Moon," and "Cowgirls Don't Cry." Truthfully, every song they sang was fantastic. I have seen them in concert before and I do see that they are aging but for their age, they did a great job. They had to take more breaks in between songs but they did a good job entertaining the audience and talking to us. One of the highlight's of the show was when they sang "Only in America." Some troops marched on stage with them and saluted. Then, red, white and blue streamers flew everywhere. It was awesome. We had such a great night.



No comments:

Post a Comment