Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Charlotte Trip

This past weekend Kristin and Steve came down from PA and got to meet the girls. They stayed the night with us and got to see what it was like in our crazy house. It was so good to see Kristin since it has been over two years! I was so glad she got to visit and meet the babies. The next day the kids went to my mom's house and we hit the road to Charlotte for Kirby's wedding reception. We stopped at Elon and ate a yummy lunch at Harrisons. Then we rode around campus and bought some new t-shirts in the campus shop.



It was so wonderful to see everyone at Kirby's reception. Kirby was beautiful and I have never seen her look more happy. Although it has been two years since I have seen many of the girls it felt like we had never been apart. Kim even brought baby Ben for a few minutes before her parents took him home for the night. We stayed out pretty late and had a delicious brunch at The Flying Biscuit the next day. The four of us went back to VA on Saturday and Kristin and Steve stayed Saturday night with us again to break up their trip. We were so sad to say good-bye Sunday morning.


As they were getting in their car I was telling Emma that they were going to their house. Emma asked, "eh is da ouse?" (Where is their house?) I said, "too far away!" Emma LOVED Kristin. Bo and I had never seen her show off like she did around Kristin.

We had so much fun and although it was a quick trip, it was well worth it to see everyone! I wish we all lived closer together but I am thankful that we still have a close friendship and that we can pick up where we left off when we do see each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment