Saturday, February 2, 2013

January Wrap Up

To wrap up the end of January:
I just reread my last post - I was not a happy camper! I realized that week was also the one year mark that my grandmother died and the 7 year anniversary of our miscarriage. This time of year just does not agree with me. I am so ready for Rainbow flip flops, Busch Gardens and no coats and hats on kids when going somewhere.

Anyway, we did end up having a 2 hour delay on the 18th. Bo was home that MLK day weekend and the week after I had 3 half days, so work was very easy. Emma ended up coming down with a fever on Thursday night (the 24th). So, we did not go to dance that night. I took her to the doctor Friday afternoon and they didn't say it was "anything." I took her to Chick Fil A afterwards and she finally ate something. As soon as we got home I had my babysitter Bremer follow us to the airport to drop off Bo's car. I really did not expect him to get in at all because of the snow forecast. Literally, as soon as we got home from the airport to leave his car the snow started falling - and sticking FAST. I had to go get the salt and snow shovel and do the usual husband duties for the snow. I was so glad I had been to the grocery store the day before - I had some chilli ready and made some other snacks for us. Bo's flight was delayed and delayed. The roads got pretty bad but he finally made it home around 2:00am.

picture my mom took on Thursday of emma not feeling well :( 
Lilly is on the blanket with her  - can you see her? 

Later that night - Emma working on the computer on a website I use with my K-1 students (www.abcya.com) Great website- getting the girls used to working with a mouse - so many of my students are used to touch screen things that they are having difficulty with a mouse


Friday afternoon when snow started

one hour later !


Emma woke up fever free and dying to play in the snow. I was so glad Bo was home to enjoy it with us. Mom made us Brunswick Stew so we had that for lunch. We stayed in all day and it was so nice - we all took good naps too. Sunday Bo went to Sunday School to teach our class and I kept the girls in from the cold. He came back and we had lunch at Lindsay and Steve's for Steve's birthday. Then, we had to take Bo back to the airport. Mom and I stopped at Target on the way home and we got the girls all of their Valentine things for school and dance friends.

Emma and her snow angels

love the country
snowball fight with daddy



Hannah was having a snowball fight with "Colby" - I need to do a whole post on Hannah's imaginary friend

down the hill!!




Lilly wanted to be outside with us - she was having a ball

inside for hot chocolate - yum!!


This Monday (the 28th) was "Virtual Teacher Workday" - the best concept ever. We just had those half days the week before so we had 3 half day teacher workdays. Our bus schedule changes for the middle/high school exam schedule. So, because we had those workdays, they give us the scheduled workday on Monday a "virtual" workday meaning we can work from home. I had actually done some of my work Saturday while being snowed in and did spend about  1.5 - 2 hours Monday morning responding to e-mails and coordinating two programs for the library. After that we met MaryAnne and the kids at the mall for lunch. I had to run a few errands and Hannah even needed new tap shoes since hers were too small.

So, Tuesday was the first "normal" day of work in a long time. Nothing major this week but a data team meeting.

Wednesday was interesting  - weather wise. The wind was horrible. They were calling for storms that night but we went ahead and made it to Kirk Night/bell practice. We came home and of course that is always a later night for the girls. They went to bed just fine and ended up sleeping all night but I hardly slept at all. The wind was so bad and the storm finally came at exactly 2:24 AM when my eyes popped open hearing the awful rain and wind. I wasn't scared but just worried about trees falling and tornados. We had been under a tornado watch all night. I just stayed up making sure I didnt need to run and get the girls in the basement. It was just a restless night sleep. Everyone at work the next day felt the same way and even at dance class that next night we all talked about how tired we were being up from that storm.

We made it through Friday. Bo sent me a surprise at work! He sent Valentine Chocolate dipped strawberries from Edible Arrangements. They are so good! Mom made us dinner and the girls actually stayed with my dad for awhile while mom and I ran out to Wal Mart - wild and crazy Friday night!

yum yum! thanks honey!

This morning the girls let me sleep until 9:30 and we didn't get out of bed until 10:00. It was wonderful! We are just hanging out today and then going to my cousin's basketball game tonight. This is the first weekend Bo is not coming home - very well planned timing so he would not be traveling during the Super Bowl. (Thanks to my friend Maryanne for that observation).

No other big plans this week but we are finally getting things on the calendar to look foward to after this boring month of January.
Looking foward to: my dad's birthday, Cindy coming to help with the girls next week, another workday on the 8th, Bo coming home again on 8th, my cousin's senior night (waaaaa!! no more basketball games!) AND........................a girls day/night on the 16th with a girlfriend of mine - no kids, no husbands, no responsibilities! day will include a spa, meals, shopping, possibly movie and a hotel! can you tell I am excited?

then we have Presidents Day weekend (another day off work) - plus February is a short month! getting closer to spring! can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment