Thursday, January 17, 2013

This Week

This week has been pretty crappy. And I think its because of the weather. It has rained every single day. It is cold. I hate it.

I had a meeting after work on Monday with finance to take care of health/benefits paperwork since Bo's is better. I came home and did cook again, thank you - BBQ chicken, beans, corn and fruit. We had our homework time and I have to tear them away from their workbooks. Hannah is really into mazes and staying in between the lines. Emma loves her handwriting. That night while helping them I squatted down at the table a bad way and pulled a muscle in my thigh - it has hurt so bad. I have tried stretching it all week and today is the first day it has felt better.

Tuesday dad had duty so mom and I took the kids to Cracker Barrel and then to Gymboree to get our Gymbuck items on hold. Mom went back Wednesday morning to get everything. We didn't get home until 8:30, so that was a later night than normal. They didn't get in bed until 9:00.

Thank goodness my staff meeting Wednesday was cancelled. We ate dinner with mom and dad and then I took Emma to church for practice and Hannah just stayed with mom and dad since it was so disgusting out. Although I love Wednesdays, it is a late night. We don't finish until 8:00. Then had to pick up Hannah and Lilly at mom and dads, then home in the rain and cold. Then bathtime, dry hair, pajamas, quick snack and bedtime.

Today the weather has continued to put a damper on kids' behavior at school and my own children seem to be just worn out. Even I am cranky, irritable and tired. I still got the kids to dance class tonight but ever since getting home tonight I am just pretty much done. The girls have had their moments tonight where they are not getting along. They are being needy and I can't seem to get anything accomplished. I also had to take out the trash, down the long hill we live on, in the rain, in the cold and mud. That was fun. Last week my dad did it for me but he is on duty tonight.

I am hoping for a little snow. A delay tomorrow would be just perfect. We shall see. Bo is going to make the drive home tomorrow to save another flight for next weekend. It will probably be just as fast as flying since all of his flights have been delayed and his layovers have been pretty long. I will be happy to have him home for Saturday and Sunday - then he will leave Monday since its a holiday.

Here are a few pics from this week or maybe even last because I am behind.

love this pic of Hannah playing iPad with her little legs crossed

Emma is now into decorating her room - that means getting tape out of the office and taping things to 
her walls, dresser and even bed

pic mom took from Wednesday - they set up a picnic and served Goldfish


they looked cute tonight at dance with their zebra print leg warmers



No comments:

Post a Comment