Monday, February 11, 2013

Gymnastics Trial

Tonight Emma had a treat - her friend Lauren invited her to "bring a friend night" at her gymnastics class. She did a pretty good job. I was so proud of her for putting herself out there and trying something new while not knowing anyone but Lauren. She did all of the exercises and I was able to watch most of what she did in the observation room. My friend Maryanne and I had some nice catch up time and Hannah liked watching too.

getting ready to go

showing her where to jump

getting ready to hop up

and tumbling back to the start

I wasn't able to get clear pictures of her on the bars, but she said that was her favorite. They were a little too far from me. She said she also loved jumping in the "pit" which is full of foam shapes. That was in a different room, so I didn't see that part either. It was a nice experience. I think she would like to keep going, but it is so hard picking up another weekly activity with all we have going on. We didn't get home until 7:00 and that was the first time I had walked in the door all day. Overall, it was a fun night for her and great new experience. A big thank you to Lauren for asking her!

Hannah being Hannah while waiting for Emma - using my phone and taking pics of herself :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment