Sunday, February 10, 2013

Another Busy Weekend

Starting this week with a timely blog post as we roll into week 6 of Bo in Ohio. Last week we celebrated my Dad's 56th birthday. It was on Wednesday. Mom made dinner for us then me and Emma went to church for our practices. Hannah stayed with mom and dad and we did presents and cake when we went to pick up Hannah. It was a late night and we missed Lindsay, Steve and the kids. They ended up getting snowed in in the New York storm. Steve's mom's surgery went good but they have not been able to see her due to the weather. They were supposed to come home today, but they are going to attempt getting out of there tomorrow.

Wednesday afternoon after work and before Dad got home - Lucy was getting into trouble so she hopped on the sofa with me - Mom is also watching Lola for Lindsay and Steve and she picks up Lilly after the girls are done with preschool. 

Pop Pop's birthday card - I love how the girls are writing words - Emma is spelling so many words. Today she said, "I know how to spell ham - H-A-M. "Where did you learn that Emma?" She said, "I just know it's in my name." haha

presents to PopPop

they love their Pop Pop - and Emma had to have Lucy in the picture


Thursday was the usual dance class routine after work but then Bo's mom arrived around 6:30. The girls were very excited to see her. She watched them on Friday while I went to work for conference day and then we had to take Bo's car to the airport, ate some dinner and got two very whiny children to bed. I think they were exhausted having so much fun with Nana that day. I think I too was exhausted after a long week and conference day. There were lots of parents in and out of the library. I didn't have to have scheduled conferences, but it was nice to see so many parents bring their kids in to get books on their new reading levels.

Bo arrived EARLY - no delays! He was home by 12:30 I think. He had a race Saturday morning and then we had lunch before his mom went back to Raleigh. The girls took naps Saturday afternoon and then we had to take Emma to her promised Outback dinner since the Red Robin experience a few weeks ago. She loves some Outback for sure. Then, mom took the girls for us and me and Bo actually had the evening to see a movie!!!!  We have not been to a movie since summer in Penn. when we went for Kristin and Ryan's wedding and saw Ted. We saw "Identify Thief" - it had some humorous moments and I love Melissa Mcarthy. It was just nice to have a night.


Valentine goodies from Nana and Dadoo! New spring outfit, sunglasses and Pinkalicous sticker books! 

Today has been busy as ever. I had three bell performances at church today - one at the 9:00 service and two at the 11:00. I also had Sunday School in Hannah's class but end up having to skip some of it to practice bells. I am so glad those performances are over with - we played some difficult pieces and I don't think I had been that nervous in a long time. We also had Second Sunday Lunch. We went home for all of 30 mins for Bo to pack and then we had to take him back to the airpot. Luckily this is a shorter week because he will be driving home Thursday to attend Hunter's Senior Night on Friday. I came home in time for a babysitter to arrive and my mom and I had to go to a funeral visitation.

Hopefully the week will go by smoothly and quickly because I am looking foward to having a girls weekend with one of my dear friends from childhood plus a day off next Monday for Presidents Day. After this week we will be halfway through Bo's work in Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment