Thursday, August 4, 2011

This and That

This week started with cleaning out my old classroom on Monday! It was bittersweet. My mom and a few school friends helped out a lot and we managed to get everything I was keeping into the van in one load. A LMS does not need all of the class materials that a teacher needs so my school buddies got some extra goods that day! I have everything in the media center, but not unpacked or organized. I'll get to that on the workdays.

I have done so much cleaning lately. I have organized the girls' closets and got some fall clothing ready. I have also done fall shoe shopping at Stride Rite. I have done a ton of stuff for Emma's birthday party. Emma and I have already been school supply shopping and got everything for her preschool. I have also bought her dance shoes for her dance class, which will begin this fall.

Bo was out of town Tuesday night. I missed him that night. We have watched several movies the past nights - Hall Pass, Lincoln Lawyer and Love and Other Drugs. They were all really good movies. We just don't make it to the movie theater that often anymore.

Emma and Hannah have some new cute shows they are liking now. Team Umizoomi and Bubble Guppies are really cute and we have found ourselves watching them more and more. The girls also watched Peter Pan for the first time and now they are really into Tinkerbell.

Wednesday I had to get a TB test done at the doctor because of switching school systems. After that we went to the mall to get a few things done. The girls, mom and I had a nice lunch at Olive Garden. Hannah decided to try black olives and she loved them. She is the most non-picky eater in the world and willing to try anything. She ate half of my plate of salad. She really eats better than some adults. Then, we did some birthday present shopping for Emma at Toys R Us. We did let her pick out some of her things and she was begging to get them. I told her it was not her birthday yet. She said, "mommy, can it pllleeeeeeeeaase be my birthday nooooww?" It was too funny. My mom distracted the girls while I bought her things and then she did the same.

Today we went to visit Mammie and took her lunch. I have done more cleaning this evening - mopped the floors, laundry, dusted/vaccumed upstairs. Bo is out of town and I'm pretty excited for Jersey Shore starting tonight! Hannah also went all morning with her big girl panties! She is doing really well potty training. I just put a pull up on her when we left the house to go to Mammie's.

Here are some pics I took this week.

I love catching them while they dance to their Sing Along videos
Hannah a hot mess after eating an Oreo
this is how Hannah eats green beans now - she divides them and eats the "baby beans" as she calls them, then she eats the rest of the bean!

I still have a ton to do this month. The calendar is full. I have so many appointments to go to and of course my lovely surgery to look foward to on the 16th. Then, Emma's party is going to be here before I know it and then back to work. Have a mentioned how I miss July at the beach????

No comments:

Post a Comment