Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Surgery/Post Op

So.....surgery went well. I was quickly checked in and taken back to pre op. I was my usual cranky self as I am before surgery. I do not do well not being in control of something and I hate being "a patient." I hate being told what do to and asked a million questions only to have to repeat the answers to those questions again and again. As soon as they gave me the drugs they wheeled me back. I remember going into the OR and being moved to the table, but the next thing I knew I was waking up. The rest of the day I slept. Bo got me dinner and a snack and we watched "Something Borrowed" on Demand. (It was not that good). I was feeling good on the pain meds. My mom and dad stopped by later and that was about all. The pain intensified a little later, but it was never as bad as I was expecting.

Today I have just been sore. I cannot lift my right arm or turn around, twist my body, etc. very quickly. I just feel bruised but I have not even taken a pain pill today. I showered on my own and my mom picked me up since I can't drive (Bo had to go out of town) and I met a friend at a movie. We saw "The Help" and it was wonderful, but I definately recommend reading the book first. It follows the plot of the book very closely and the production and casting was fantastic. Later my mom and I went to Kohls to get some fall clothes for the girls and she brought me back to their house.


The girls are still in Raleigh having fun. I asked Hannah if she was having fun and she said, "suuuuurrree." They went to Marbles yesterday and hung out and played today. Mom and I are going to pick them up tomorrow afternoon.

picture that Cindy sent: Emma and Hannah at Nana and Dadoo's house watering the plants

Anyway, I am doing fine and glad the lump is gone. It has been sent to pathology and I will get the details on that in about two weeks. However, my doctor said by looking at it, it is benign and I should be just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment