Monday, August 15, 2011

Busy, Busy

The past week and a half has been.....busy. Last Sunday I kept nursery at church for Hannah's class. We went out to lunch with Joey, Dawn and their kids. They were helping us plan our Disney trip. When we got home we saw that our hot water heater was leaking, which was fabulous. Needless to say later in the week we got a new hot water heater installed.

I went to lunch and a movie with my dear friend Carrie on Tuesday. We saw Crazy, Stupid Love. It was really good and I loved spending some time with her.

Wednesday the girls went to Beth's because I had my surgery consultation. My mom went with me and after that we went to the mall and did some great retail therapy to get my mind off of the surgery. I got some new fall clothes for me and the girls and also got a dress to wear to my friend's wedding this coming weekend. I also got to visit another dear friend of mine who was in the hospital this week. I took her some magazines and got to talk with her for a few.

Thursday the 11th was my aunt's birthday. There were 24 of us eating together and we had a nice dinner out with lots of family. Here are some pics of the girls from that night but the rest are on my mom's camera.

Friday the 12th I had to take Emma for her ENT appointment. Her doctor said her ears look fabulous and the tubes are still in place. That was great news. That night Bo and I watched a movie that we had never got a chance to see - The Ugly Truth. We both thought it was pretty funny.

Saturday the 13th was my sister's birthday. Because her husband had to work my mom kept Andy and the rest of us and Joey, Dawn and their kids went to Water Country. We had a really good time but then it started raining around 2:00. The girls went on some pretty big water slides in the riding tubes and then one ride in the family tube. They did a good job for their first time and we all had a lot of fun. Bo's and my movie night that night was Jumping the Broom. It was not good - I do not recommend it.
Hannah's first slide
us the Kelly coming out of Big Daddy Falls!!
Emma and Aunt Lindsay
Drew, Joey, Connor and Lindsay coming off of Big Daddy Falls

Sunday we celebrated Lindsay's birthday with our family and Robbie, April and Adair. We had lunch and mom's and then did some cleaning out at our family's old country store. The store belonged to my Great Grandfather and sadly it has to be torn down because it is not up to city code anymore. It is going to be very sad to see it torn down in a few months. So, all of us went in and got the things that meant something to us. Later that night we went to Outback.

So......today, finally, the 15th the girls, mom and I did some birthday shopping at Party City for Emma's birthday. We got the plates, napkins, balloons, etc. Her party is starting to come together! I have received shipments from all over the US this past week on things I have ordered for our "Mary Poppins" party. I am waiting on one more shipment though!! Bo and I took the girls halfway to Raleigh tonight to meet his mom and grandma. The girls went happily with them to "Camp Nana and Dadoo" for three days while I have my surgery and recovery time. I go in tomorrow morning at 6AM. I am so thrilled to spend my last couple of days of summer recovering from surgery. Hopefully I will be okay after a day or two because I have some more things to get done in the library this week and for E's party. Plus - obviously I need to get my hair appointment in.

I should be fine - the lump is too big to have a needle biopsy, which is what I was hoping for. Instead they need to remove the entire thing plus the cells around it, which requires sutures. At least I will have some pain meds :)

It has been real quiet here tonight. Bo and I had a late dinner at Olive Garden and then we went to Verizon to figure out what new phone I want since my upgrade is good in a few days! I'll check back when my surgery is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment