Saturday, August 20, 2011

Past Few Days

Mom and I picked the girls up on Thursday afternoon. On the way home Emma fell right to sleep and Hannah wanted me to take pictures of everyone, including her lamb. I felt so bad for mom since she had to drive both ways. I was not able to drive yet.

lamby
As far as the surgery I am moving around. I am bruised but feel fine. I just cannot turn, bend down and lift things very well. I still can't pick up the girls. It was hilarious trying to explain that to them the night they got back home. Emma said, "mommy's boobie hurts." Then she asked me questions like, "can you shower?" "can you dry your hair?" "can you get dressed?" I don't know what prompted her to ask those questions but they were pretty good questions and she seemed to understand that there are things I cannot do and things that are okay for awhile.

Friday was more errands for the party, again with my mom driving us around. My poor mom dropped us off and went home. Later that evening she was on her laptop in the den and heard an awful noise. Her entire cabinet in the kitchen fell, breaking every single dish including her Christmas dishes. It was an awful mess and my aunt, cousin and sister were able to get there fast enough to help out. I felt so bad I could not help out after all she had done for me.

Today I went to our clubhouse and cleaned up a little for our "Mary Poppins" birthday party tomorrow. I set some some tables and chairs. Bo and Emma did some last minute errands to get food and pick up our Chick Fil A orders. Mom came over with the cake and then she stayed to watch the girls while Bo and I got ready for a wedding. One of my favorite girls I worked with at Georgetown was getting married and I had been looking foward to her wedding since the day she got engaged. I am going to miss working with her so much. But, we did have a very nice time and she was gorgeous.

E and H hanging out this morning

Hannah put her whole cup in her applesauce - ughhhhh, the things she does
we clean up well
me and Rachel
amazing former colleagues
Mom and the girls made "spoons full of sugar" for the party with hardened chocolate. My dad also delivered the carousel horse so the girls had plenty of fun without us tonight.

\
making "spoonfulls of sugar" with Gaga
working hard
PopPop bringing the carousel

Emma's turn
Hannah's turn

We are super excited for Emma's party tomorrow! She was up when we got home and I said, "are you too excited to sleep?" She said, "yeah, I'm too excited." We hope it is a very "jolly holiday" tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment