Friday, August 5, 2011

A Funny Moment

Emma absolutely cracked my mom and I up this evening. I am at mom and dad's since Bo is on an extended out of town business trip. It was a perfect evening outside with a wonderful breeze. The girls were having fun on mom's screened porch and then we went to swing. It was just after 7pm and Emma said, "look! the moon!" I said,"yes, Emma, the moon is out" (barely, but we saw it). I said, "what does it mean when the moon is out?" I had been trying to get them inside for awhile to take their bath and get the bedtime routine rolling. Emma said, "it means it's time for a nap." I said, "yes, you are right, a loooonng nap. It is time to get ready for bed." Then, she looked over and said, "well, I still see the sun." As in, mom, the sun is still out so we can play longer. It was so cute and a pretty smart comment I thought. She was right, the sun was technically still out, so it was not time to sleep yet! The look on her face and the way I saw her brain working was just hilarious. She definately gave mom and I a good laugh this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment