Sunday, May 1, 2011

This Week

Well, I barely went back to work after spring break. Last weekend we had the two ER visits with Hannah, then Monday evening Emma came down with a fever. We have not been sick in so long! I just knew it was going to be the ears again, since they are now both in the time frame for their tubes to fall out. Emma did not have a good night Monday night, so I took off work on Tuesday and took her to the pediatrician. Luckily, the tubes were still there and she did not see a sign of strep. But, that meant we had to give it time for the fever to break. Mom kept Hannah for me and I brought Emma home. Sweet thing fell asleep on the couch and slept for about three and a half hours. Because mom had Hannah I was able to get a lot done around the house. I put away Easter, switched some more of my summer clothes in my closet, put things away from my shopping spree on Saturday, folded laundry, etc. Bo picked Hannah up on the way home and then Emma was doing much better. However, Wednesdays are when they go to Beth's house and I did want to expose her children to whatever Emma had. My mom also works on Wednesdays, Bo's mom was not feeling too well and Bo had a big meeting, so, I took off Wednesday too to keep her home and make sure her fever was broken. I also had rescheduled for the installers to come put my new bathroom floors in on Wednesday since I was now going to be home. So, that worked out great.

Wednesday the girls were great. They were more still than normal because of all of the noise the installers made putting in the new floors. Emma was feeling better and eating again. So, whatever she had went away pretty quickly, thank goodness. My new floors look great too! Another thing checked off my list!

Thursday I went back to work but my mom did NOT have a good day with the girls! They are not perfect by any means, and they do have their days when they argue ALL DAY. Today Hannah pulled Emma's hair and got a time out. The weather was also very unstable here and my mom was nervous about that. She actually packed the kids up and took them to my dad's mom's house where she has a basement. I took off two hours early and went there too because I did not want to be driving home in the bad weather and thought it would also help my mom out with them being there. Thankfully, all of the severe weather stayed south of us and then moved east and we got nothing. Bo and I took the kids to Chick Fil A that night for kids night.

Finally, I went back to work for a whole day on Friday!!! Bo had a softball game Friday night but the bugs were awful! They were getting all in hannah's hair and it was disgusting, and we had on bugspray. Bo said he had never seen the bugs so bad. So, I took the kids to my sister's house nearby and we hung out there with her and baby Andy for awhile. We drove back to pick up Bo and Emma says, "no bugs mommy, no bugs!!" She is just like me for the world. When we got home I was replaying some of the Royal Wedding and the girls were watching. I thought it was something I could show them later and say, "look, you watched this when you were a little girl!" What a wedding - I woke up at 5:15 am and started watching but I wanted to see it all again.


What. A. Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment