Sunday, May 1, 2011

Busy, Fun, Saturday

I guess this Saturday was Emma and Hannah day. It started out with me oversleeping and almost missing our first swim lesson - oopsy! The lesson starts at 8:30 and I woke from my slumber at 8:08. It is never a good thing when the first word out of your mouth when you wake up is, "S%$@!"

I threw on my suit and Bo woke up E and got her ready. Luckily I had her things ready and we live right down the road. She ate a doughnut in the car and we strolled in right at 8:32! Emma was awesome at her swim lesson! Her little friend Ally was also in the class and they were having so much fun. She kicked her legs, blew bubbles and practiced floating. She even jumped in from sitting and standing position. I swim with her and am right there but she did so good! Being in my rush, I forgot my camera and forgot to get her picture. My friend Lindsay and I took the kids to Chick Fil A breakfast afterwards and let them play.

Then, after getting ready it was time to go see Barney Live!! Emma wanted to eat lunch at Red Robin first and so we went there. Barney Live was precious. They sang their favorite songs and it was staged very cute. Emma was more in awe while Hannah was hyped up. But, they were allowed to get up and dance right along with the show. We were right in front of the stage and the characters came down and shook hands. We left with two Barney wands, two balloons, a large bag of cotton candy and they ate snow cones there. What a fun afternoon they had. My kids love to sing and dance and this show is perfect for kids that like to do just that. So many people say negative things about this show. I really don't get it. The new shows are adorable and I have yet to find a show with better songs.

They both fell asleep on the way home. That evening was not so great when they were tired and whiney, but they were in bed by 8:00 and Bo and I got Knight and Day On Demand - really good movie.
We had such a fun day!

waiting to go inside
Hannah Boo with her wand
me and the girls in front of the stage
waiting with Emma
when he first came on stage
yea!!
this is when he shook their hands
watching intently
this face is priceless - so worth every minute and every penny (even a $5.00 balloon)
so much fun
"how can I open this cotton candy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment