Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day!!!

I have been asking E and H about my presents for a week. They kept telling me I was getting a book and a Minnie bowl - I think they are still hooked on Christmas! Anyway, they gave me very sweet cards when we were all up in the morning. I got my annual spa gift card to use as wanted and then they gave me a beautiful framed poem with their handprints. I already hung it on the wall by my side of the bed so I can see it every morning.

After getting ready we went to church. The girls gave me carnations at church. We went to lunch with my dad's mom and my cousin, wife and daughter who was dedicated in church today. My dad had to work unfortunately. We got some pictures outside of the restaurant. Then, we came back to our house with my mom and sister's family to give my mom her presents. When things started to wind down Bo was like, "I was wonder if they are having mothers day sales on tv's."

When everyone left he went to Best Buy and came back with a new 55 inch tv, new cabinet (had to be ordered) and a Blue Ray player. The tv also has 3D capability whenever you want it, including regular channels. It is pretty awesome. I am not quite sure how that happened on Mother's Day - but really, the time was coming. Our tv had about had it- we bought one of the very first flat screens when we first got married - almost 7 years ago!

So, overall it was a very nice day. I got to relax some and have enjoyed watching my shows on the new tv tonight.

One more bit I would like to add is that I really think it is important to think of young women who are desiring so hard to be mothers. Years ago, this day was very hard on me. It hurt me to see all of the moms honored in church, the "new" mom's recognized, the "mommy to be" and "first Mothers Day" cards in Hallmark. I really don't think people realize how hard it can be to actually become a mom. It is so easy for some, yet others have to wait so long and so patiently. There are certain friends of mine that I have been thinking a lot about and how easily I can relate to their feelings on a day like today.

I love being a mommy and I love my girls more than anything. I have come a long way from my fertility issues but I also have a baby that I never got to meet. I think about that baby a lot on Mothers Day. Thank you Emma and Hannah for making my life complete! Thank you also to my mom - for the support, love, encouragement and kindness you bring to us and to the people around you. I hope you all had a nice Mothers Day!

my babies
Emma giving me a hug
moms and kids!
me and my mommy!
the poem and handprints from the girls

No comments:

Post a Comment