Monday, May 16, 2011

Questions Unanswered

It all started last Wednesday afternoon at an annual doctors appointment. Let's just say I left with two potential forms of cancer to get checked out. I am not going to go into too much detail, but I had a mammogram/ultra sound Thursday morning and Friday I had surgery to get some areas to send off to biopsy. The ultra sound showed a benign tumor. I do have to get it removed this summer. I won't find out the other results until this Wednesday. Bo has been out of town since Thursday morning - of course when all of this went down. I have been at my mom and dad's house recuperating. They have been such a help with the girls. I am getting around better and did make it to work today.

The girls have been having a lot of fun. The weekend was not too exciting because of my condition. Thanks to my sister, Emma did make it to swimming lessons. I went and watched and she did a great job - especially jumping in the pool on cue. Saturday evening we were all on the screened porch. It started pouring down rain - no thunder/lightening. Emma was dying to go out in the rain. She said, "but mama, I have on my helmet!" Yes, she put on her bike helmet and thought that because she had that on, she could go out in the rain. It was so funny. So, after the rain stopped both of the girls wanted to go splash in the puddles - why not. Here is a picture I took with my camera phone really quick. They loved it! After a few minutes, we went directly to the bathtub - they were covered in mud! I was just in that "who cares" mood - and it felt great.


Sunday I got out of the house for a few with my parents and the girls went to BJ's, lunch and to Toys R Us. Both of the girls have now started a Dora phase. They wanted to get some Dora characters and PopPop spoiled them at Toys R Us. We all took naps when we got back to mom and dads. After that I was feeling sore and had the worst time with pain that I had had since having the procedure - I was also out of pain meds! But, I made it through and tonight I am feeling much better.

**Another thing funny that happened this weekend was Saturday during lunch. My mom asked the girls, "Who's hungry, it's time for lunch?" Hannah said, "Hannah is!" and proceeded to go inside for lunch! She is too funny. Hannah is unstoppable with talking now. She says so much and catches on to things to easily because of watching Emma.


No comments:

Post a Comment