Friday, May 27, 2011

Jimmy Buffett!!!

The past two weeks have been soooooooo long. After going through all of my medical concerns our school has also been going through SOL testing for the last two weeks. That means no resources, no recess - which means, no break for Mrs. Hamrick. It has been exhausting. Thank goodness we had Buffett to get to last night. Boy did I want a night out. Bo's mom was fabulous enough to come to VA and watch the girls all day Thursday, Thursday night and Friday morning. I left from work to go to my cousin's house to preparty since they live right by the VA Beach ampitheater. Bo, my sister, and brother in law met up there too. We all were parents with a night out and it felt great! I really could not think of a better way to kick off Memorial Day weekend and the summer than sitting with a margarita and listening to JB. We taxied over around 6:00, walked around, and hung out until it started. He played all of my favorite songs except Love and Luck.

Quotes of the night: "I saved your life!" and "Hey, you going to Great Neck?"

The funniest part of the night was us trying to get a cab home - it was craziness getting out of there! We had so much fun and didn't let a thing bother us. Yes, I did have to get up and go to work since my time was so messed up with me missing work for the medical issues, but it was okay. We all stayed the night at my cousin's house and they live near my school, so at least I slept late. I also had four kids absent today so it was pretty good! But, I am tired tonight!

We love you Jimmy Buffett! Thanks for coming back to VA Beach! It has only been 11 years! I am ready for summer! No teaching summer school, no grad school, no being pregnant! AND - I have summer help lined up for the kids!

Bo and April
Bo, me, April and Lindsay
me and Bo
our group
the crowd! crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment