Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Flu......

And the day after Christmas, we all began to fall apart. We were in Raleigh and Bo woke up not feeling well. Emma woke up with a low grade fever. My mom in VA (I found out later)  had fever, and my grandmother had a fever. Lovely.

Bo was supposed to fly to Ohio the next day and we were all worried about him not being well enough to go. I thought I would need to get everyone home and to Patient First or doctors. So, we left Raleigh around 11:00. When we got home Bo was actually doing okay. Emma still ran low grade fever for the rest of the day. So, we unpacked and did a little bit of cleaning/organization. Emma was aching to make something with her Easy Bake Oven. Later that night they started stacking all of their toys in the middle of the room so Bo and I could open everything.


making some yummy cookies!

time to start opening up boxes!


Brave was rocking out


Emma singing while Hannah was dancing

yes, they love the microphone -thanks mom and dad, seriously 


After the girls went to bed that night I started feeling funny - coughing and had a heavy feeling in my chest. When I woke up the next morning I was so sick. My head had never hurt that bad in my entire life. Bo ended up going to Ohio and by that time my nephew had started a fever. So, I was sick with both kids by myself for the whole day. As the day went on I got worse - to the point where I could not even get them ready for bed. They put on their pj's, got their sleeping bags on the living room floor and Bo got home around midnight. The house was completely destroyed and Bo was like, "whoa, your mom is really sick."

Emma's fever broke but the next day my sister had a fever and baby Ella. My dad said all the guys who work for him at the store were sick as well as several men on his shift at the fire dept. I was down for the count on my birthday. Bo went to work for half a day, but I needed him to come home. I was too weak to do anything. I had some medicine that knocked me out and I pretty much slept the entire day. My fever finally broke late that night but even the next day I felt awful and just so weak - and no appetite at all.

The 29th was my grandmother's birthday and we couldn't do anything for her either. She was still recovering. My mom was better and Andy was ok by then. It was about a 3 day ordeal for everyone who had it. It was just awful. Hannah, the one who cannot get a flu shot because of her egg allergy was really the only one who never got anything. My doctor said it was a different strand so even though most of us had flu shots or mists, it still got through.

Anyway - I am glad I got it over break without taking a lot of sick days for work, but at the same time I hate I was sick over my birthday and missed lots of shopping days over my break. At the same time, it was nice sleeping a lot and staying home. The girls got lots of play time in and I saved money by not being out and about.

Mom, dad, Lindsay and the kids came over on the 30th to celebrate my birthday. We got Outback takeout and ate here. Mom and dad gave me a Banana Republic dress and coat and Lindsay gave me a flower arrangements with lights for the living room. Bo and the girls gave me a new pair of shoes from Banana. It was nice just being in and letting the kids play.

No comments:

Post a Comment