Thursday, January 17, 2013

14 Weeks....

and no, that does not mean what you think it does - not 14 weeks prego - SORRY :)

For 14 weeks I am a single, working mom. Bo has taken a new position with MRI Software and is training in Ohio for that long. We took him to the airport on January 6th. The girls were all about the airport and kept talking how we were there when we went to Disney. We ate some breakfast and then had to leave him there. The girls really don't understand what is going on. Hannah kept saying, "it's girls  night!" That is what she always said when Bo was traveling. Well, more like girls 14 weeks.

We went to Target and got all of the birthday presents we needed for some upcoming kid parties. Then we ran to the mall for me for me to buy some new black shoes with my birthday money. We came home and I just started mapping out the weeks and schedules.

Great story on Monday - Bremer keeps the girls on Mondays so I went to work, worked all day, went directly to the grocery store, came home, unloaded groceries, Bremer left, changed clothes and made dinner - cheeseburgers, homemade fries, mixed some fruit, and the girls wanted their yogurt. I fixed their plates, they came in and got their drinks, and we sat at the table and started eating. It was quiet for a minute and Emma said, "mommy? " yes emma? "I am really proud of you for cooking dinner tonight!" It was pretty hilarious. I think she connected it all - mom worked all day, ran errands, got dinner going with no help from daddy, and she was able to feed us. I don't think I will ever forget that. She is a smart little thing and realizes that daddy does most of the food preparations and when daddy is gone we usually eat at Gaga's. Oh, she is something else.

The rest of the week was okay - my mom has been wonderful coming to our house (since we live a whole 1/4 mile away) in the mornings. I get the girls up and fed breakfast on preschool days. Mom gets them dressed here, takes them to preschool, picks them up, comes back to our house to get Lilly and then takes them all back to her house.  Fridays they go to Beth's house. However, last Friday I took half day off because Emma had recently been complaining of an earache. So, we took her to the ENT Friday morning and sure enough she has her first ear infection since tubes - the ear that lost the tube in fact. So, we spent that morning dropping off prescription, wasting time at Wal Mart, picking up prescription, and then to Beth's house. Then, I picked up Chick Fil A for some girls at work and our assistant principal and worked the last half of day.

Last week I also had a LMS meeting. A big part of the meeting was safety and how the district wants us to keep only one door unlocked in the library to expedite lockdown procedures in case needed. I have 3 doors, so I thought that was a good idea. Now, I only have to worry about one door. It has been interesting for the kids and teachers to adjust to that.

Wednesday we had Kirk Night - of course we do dinner there. I went to my handbell practice and Emma to her choir and chimes. Hannah still stays with me and just watches us play bells - she is so good. I love Wednesday evenings - I always feel so refreshed those evenings and I always get my mind off things and enjoy the fellowship and time with my cousins.

Thursday was Observation Day at dance class! The girls did OUTSTANDING! Well, we need to work on Hannah's skipping but they were just adorable. Hannah is dancing with many girls who danced last year and some are almost 5, so for 3 years old, she did awesome. Emma of course is a perfectionist - every step just right, always watching the teacher, very in tune with listening and following directions. She is a precious little dancer. It was just great to see them. Just a few pics - I think a took 100 and lots of videos.







So, after working a half day Friday we had dinner with mom and dad. I got the girls home and in bed and dad came over to stay with the girls while mom and I went and dropped off Bo's car at the airport. His flight was delayed and not expected until midnight. He finally got home around 1:30. I was a zombie when letting him in the house. The company gives him his salary and a living expense while away and we are able to use some of that expense for him to travel home on weekends.

He had a race Saturday morning. We stayed in most of the day and let the girls rest. We all decided to go to Red Robin for dinner and then run a few errands. When leaving Red Robin they were out of balloons. The sweet hostess tried to make the girls happy by saying "Next time, I'll give you 2 balloons!" Emma looked right at her and said, "well, next time we're going to Outback!" Again - another moment I don't think I'll ever forget. She is turning into a sassy something. We all burst out laughing and the hostess said that was the funniest thing she has ever heard. We laughed all night long just replaying it in our heads.

Sunday Bo and the girls went to Sunday School and church. I went with Sarah (my cousin's fiance) to a bridal show we had planned weeks ago. She has a few big items left to do but she is well ahead with most things. I am her mistress of ceremonies. She wanted someone to be in charge and organized and not afraid to tell people what to do - why did she think of me? haha. I can't wait to play wedding day boss! Too bad the wedding is not until November.

I got back home around 1:30 and then we were back in the car to take Bo to the airport. I have to say, it was a little harder dropping him off this time. The girls and I went to Barnes and Noble afterwards just to waste some time and then back home to start a new week.


No comments:

Post a Comment