Sunday, December 23, 2012

T'was The Week Before Christmas....

and these are the many things we have done!

Hillpoint Elementary Sing Along

The girls came to my school on Tuesday afternoon for our school Holiday Sing Along! This is a Hillpoint annual event - the entire school sings Christmas songs. Each grade level performs and even the teachers/staff perform. We had a good time and the girls even helped me on stage hold my sign for the Twelve Days of Christmas. They got tons of compliments and they spent the rest of the day with me at school.

me and the girls at my school

getting ready to sing

on stage with me


Preschool Christmas Parties
Both girls had their Christmas parties at preschool. I could not go since I had to save my day for their program, but my mom was there.
Hannah's teacher Ms. Piper

they made gingerbread cookies


lots of goodies!

Emma and her teacher Mrs. Plumeau - she gave all the boys and girls pillows and blankets

making reindeer cookies




Preschool Christmas Program

Thursday morning the girls had their preschool program. I took off half a day so I could attend. Hannah sang "Jingle Bells," "Mary Had a Baby," and "The Lights on the House." She did great! 

lining up on stage




Andy loved seeing them on stage


Emma sang "Go Tell it on the Mountain," "Behold a Star," and "Five Little Christmas Trees." She did just perfect! 





Winter Wonderland

Saturday we went to Winter Wonderland with my friend Lindsay and her girls Ally and Avery. We all ate lunch at Roger Browns first. Winter Wonderland houses these old mechanical figures that used to be at a place called Coleman's Nursery. Coleman's Nursery was the place to go around this time of year way back in the day. If you are my age and live in this area, then you know about Coleman's Nursery. It closed years ago but  now the city of Portsmouth has some of their things and started displaying them just recently. We went last year, but the girls were surely more into this year. Ally and Avery gave the girls new princess dolls so they did not put them down the whole time! 







No comments:

Post a Comment