Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 3-9

Tis the Season....to be way behind on blogging

I could feel my throat starting to get sore the night of Kelly's Christmas choral concert. I went to school the next day and book fair was delivered as expected. I had a wonderful parent helping me out and setting things up/decorating. However, my throat was just on fire. That night I went to the pharmacy and got some Mucinex cold and sore throat. That seemed to help a lot so I went ahead to bell choir practice that night. Thursday I pushed through work and finalizing book fair details. The girls had dance class and even there I could tell I was just not feeling myself. Friday morning I woke up and my sinuses were horrible. My head just ached and ached and I felt so dizzy. The girls were going to Mrs. Beth's house since it was Friday so I called into school sick so I could go ahead to the dr. before book fair was up and running. Thank goodness he got me in, gave me a Z -Pack and I had a day at home - alone - and I just cleaned, rested and did some all around good sitting. It was really nice.

That Friday night I was supposed to work book fair for our PTA Holiday Ball. I went ahead since I could tell the Z Pack had started its work. Our students looked adorable all dressed up - the moms took the boys and the dads took the little girls. The place was decorated like crazy. I did over $700 that night alone in book fair sales - so it was certainly worth it to go even though I still felt pretty bad.

Saturday we slept in, did some more cleaning and wrapped some more presents. I had a hair appointment and then Dad had his ladder truck in the Suffolk Parade and got permission for us and the kids to ride in the parade. Emma didn't want to ride on the fire truck - she preferred to watch with mom and Bo. But, Hannah and Andy were all about it. So, we rode on the fire truck and did lots of waving. I had so many students shouting my name. My sister was like "how do so many kids know you?" I mean - I teach 800+ students! It was a really fun night and nice because the weather was just right - not even too cold.

Aunt Lindsay, Hannah, Andy and Pop Pop waiting in the bus for the parade to begin


in the back of Pop Pop's ladder truck

Emma watching with Bo and Mom



Sunday I had Hannah's class in nursery and we made cinnamon apple ornaments. They smell sooooo good. Our bell choir also played that day. After church we came home quickly to change clothes and then we had little Avery's first birthday party to go to. Mom and Connie picked me up from there and we went shopping in Lynnhaven - met my cousin Brandon there too and got some more things done.  Mom took me to Banana and got me some clothes for my birthday.

Bo took to the girls to the grocery store and that about sums up that week and weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment