Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Sad Goodbye

Today was another sad day for our family as my parents' Maltese dog of 13 years passed away today. I remember me and my sister going to my dad's store after school and getting some money from dad. We then drove to meet the breeder off 460 and took her home to surprise my mom on their anniversary. She was our first "real" dog with official AKC papers. I loved her so much it was extremely difficult for me to leave for college. After my cousin died I then got my own Maltese to take back to Elon for some extra love and company. A few years later my sister got her own Maltese too.

We loved having a little lap dog and got very used to her love, snuggling and following us everywhere. I have so many memories of Lacey but I will always remember how all three dogs would chase each other around my parents' entire house in a circle around and around having a blast. They loved each other so much. Lilly was just with my parents and Lacy while we were at the beach and my parents said how much Lacey loved having Lilly with her.

It will be so different walking into my parents' house now. There will definitely be a missing piece. Lacey loved us all, but was my dad's dog for sure. She loved him the most because he never disciplined her and always let her lay right next to his side in her favorite spot on the couch without ever telling her to get down.

Mom noticed her acting differently this morning and knew something was wrong when she would not walk, eat or go outside. Then, she started whining and jerking. Dad came home and as they were driving to the vet she died in my dad's arms. The vet said that she most likely had a stroke or heart attack.

It was been a sad day. My mom and dad have had a hard day burying her by our deck and clearing out her toys, bedding and dishes. I think Lilly and Lola will be looking all over for her next time we are there. I hate my parents have to deal with this after all we have been through this year with the loss of my grandmother and then with Lilly's accident. I know we have had several joys this year but I feel that   as soon as our spirits are lifted recently something else throws us off.

Lacey, you were a great dog. You were protective, playful, funny, loyal and did not ever mind when a new dog or new baby entered your territory. We will miss you so much.

Lola, Lacey, Lilly

 Lacey, Lilly, Lola
 Lacey, Lola, Lilly
Lacey, Lola, Lilly

 Lacey, Lilly, Lola
 Lilly, Lola, Lacey

Lacey and Lilly

Lilly and Lacey
this is how all three dogs looked when we were ever all together at my mom and dads. These dogs worship my dad. They each have their own spot but Lacey always knew she was dads #1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment