Saturday, July 7, 2012

Before the Beach

Two other things occurred before we left for the beach on Saturday:

1. I got home from Baltimore around 5:00. Bo and I had several errands to run and of course finish packing for the beach. Then, dance moms got together to see Magic Mike. We went to the 10:30 movie and met at one of the other mom's houses. So - the movie was horrible. It had some good scenery, but seriously it was not a good movie. As we are watching I notice my phone going crazy with storm warnings. Then a few minutes later Bo starts texting me that the wind was so bad his car alarm went off  and that we had lost power. If Bo says a storm is bad - then it is bad. As we walked out of the theater the wind had knocked over umbrellas outside the theater. The rain started and mom called and said do not go anywhere - that the worst was heading our way. So we waited out the storm in the car away from trees and light posts! Then we had to drive home super slow since so many trees and branches were down. As I left her house most of our area was still out of power so I was driving home at almost 2:00 AM in the complete dark. Bo met me outside with a flash light! I could barely sleep at all without our power on. It was still storming a bit too. Then, it began to start getting hot in our house. Emma woke up and realized her night light was not on so she started crying and then got in bed with us - then it started getting super hot. Just as I was about to pack everyone up and head to mom and dads for air conditioning the power finally came back on. I basically slept for maybe an hour that night.

2. Saturday before leaving for the beach I went to a baby shower for one of my dear friends. I met Carrie in the sixth grade when she moved to Suffolk from Hawaii and we have been friends since. She is having a baby girl in September so I could not miss her baby shower. Lindsay P and I rode together and it was nice spending time with some friends. Carrie got lots of cute things for baby Taylor and we just cannot wait for her to get here!


I was home by 3:30 and we hit the road for the beach by 4:00. I will post beach pics when I get some from my sister in law. My camera was acting up a bit while we were there. I have been using my iPhone so much I did not know my camera was having issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment