Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weekend

Here are some weekend pics! Not too exciting of a weekend, but it was nice to be home and get things done around the house!

Bo sent me these flowers the first day of school and I forgot to post them! I loved them! Thanks honey!


Here were the girls playing on our bed Friday night before getting ready to leave. We decided to go to the NSA (my alma mater) football game. It was nice seeing a few people I knew, but the girls loved the cheerleaders, band and the popcorn the most.

watching the halftime show

Saturday I already mentioned that we went furniture shopping and I cleaned closets, switched seasons of clothes for the girls and that is about an all day project in itself.

Today, September 11th marks the 10 year anniversary of the terrible attacks at NYC, DC and PA. I cannot believe it has been ten years. I remember exactly where I was - walking from class, meeting up with Bo at college coffee and then hearing his fraternity brothers telling us a plane hit the pentagaon. Bo said, "no, it hit the World Trade Center." Neither of them knew the whole story yet. Bo went to class and I went to the sorority house and watched the coverage all day.

Now we are married and are remembering the day with two children. As we watched some of the specials about it this morning before church, E and H were both pretty tuned in about it. There was a children's chorus singing and the bagpipers playing. I told E it was a sad day, that is why nobody is laughing or smiling at this music. One day they will understand, but it is pretty crazy that it is so fresh in all of our minds and now ten years behind us.

I had Hannah's Sunday school class this morning and church nursery too. Emma went to big church and a lot of our family came today. We all had second Sunday lunch at church, which was delicious. At lunch Emma saw the little boy in her preschool class that she has talked about this past week. I told her to go tell him hello. She went up to him, said, "hey Max" as fast as possible, then darted away. His parents and my whole family absolutely cracked up. Whenever I asked her this week who she played with and what friends she met, she has responded, "Max." So, we got to meet Max today and his parents! So cute!

After church I went to Target to check on some of Hannah's bedding for her new room. Bo went to another church service tonight for 9/11 but I stayed home with the girls. A little almost two year old that lives here decided not to take a nap today, so I knew she would be cranky going back to the church nursery tonight. So, we stayed home and cleaned. After I vacuumed the floor, Emma wanted her vacuum. Then, I saw her being her mommy with the detachment from the vacuum under the couch cushion - she is so her mama!!

It was a nice weekend and I am remembered of how thankful we are to have our God, our family and a country that can pull together at the worst of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment