Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great weekend! Saturday morning after getting ready we went to Verizon because my phone upgrade was good. So, I got an I-Phone to go with my I-Pad and I-Pod. Sometimes I think this has got way too complicated, but it is nice and takes great pictures. Then, we went to my cousin's daughter's 1st birthday party. Adair was just adorable and they had a really cute "bug" theme party for her.

Emma and Hannah with Adair
yummy cupcake

After the party I took Emma shopping with my mom and grandma while Bo took Hannah home for a nap. I had a "to do" list to accomplish this weekend - birthday presents, fall clothes, shoes for me, new fall wreath, Hannah's birthday invitations, etc. I did a pretty good job thanks to the extra day!

Dillards was having a great shoe sale. I got a pair of Steve Maddens and two pairs of Antonio Melanies for $88.00. That is really the original price for one pair of those shoes. Limited was also having a great sale - 40% off the entire store. We hit the Disney store to do some shopping for Hannah boo's birthday. Loft also had 25% off card holders purchases. We also had to go do Toys R Us - no big sales, but got some more things done. Then, we went to Office Max to get Hannah's birthday invitations printed, which are soooo adorable and I can't wait to post a picture of it! We had a "lovely" dinner at McDonalds thanks to Emma who had to "poo" in the car so bad she could not hold it, so we pulled over to the first place we saw! I wish I had taken a picture of the car when we got home - between me, my mom and grandma, we did some major damage and barely had room in the car.

Sunday we went to church and it was "get the house in order day." I cleaned my closet - I should have taken a picture of that too. I switched all my spring/summer to fall/winter clothes. I also got rid of several pairs of shoes to make room for my new ones. After cleaning all day we decided to take Emma out to the Tides baseball game. We knew Hannah would never sit still long enough for that so she went to mom and dad's house. Emma was adorable and had a great time watching the "animal" mascaot as she called it. She also ate cotton candy. It was a perfect night for a ballgame - the weather was beautiful. They had an awesome firework show after the game. Watching the fireworks made me think of how summer is really over and how much fun we have had. We did not get back in until 10:00 so it was a late night. Then, Bo and I stayed up to 1 AM watching some of our shows.


Monday we split the girls up again. Today I took Hannah to do some more shopping - yes, I swear I still had more to do. Bo took Emma to the park and at out for lunch. Hannah and I went to Kohls - I had to exchange some sizes I had already bought for them for fall clothes. I also found another pair of shoes for me! (I am not lying, I really needed some new shoes for the fall in black and brown, flats and heels). We went to Hallmark to get my Sept. birthday cards and some other cards. I also got the girls their Christmas ornaments before they sell out. We then went to Olive Garden for lunch. I talk all the time about what good eater Hannah is. I took pictures of her eating her salad with olives. She would eat a salad over french fries any day. We then went to Michaels - great sales - I needed a fall wreath and some other fall decorations. Then to Target, but it was sooooo crowded and I didn't see any "must haves." Lastly, Gymboree had 30% off so I got the girls some Halloween shirts. Oh, and I still had to run to get some gift cards for some special people I need to send things to!

salad!!!
she was hungry!
showing me her olive
back at home - she went through my bag, found the stickers I had bought for her party, opened the package and put them all on her shirt - she is something else.

Tonight it has been laundry, packing E's bookbag, my schoolbag, lunches, clothes ready, shoes ready, hairbows ready, etc. We read Emma three new books about going to preschool. Tomorrow is her first day. We are keeping the routine normal - I am dropping the girls off at my moms and she is going to take Emma to preschool. Bo is out of town tomorrow night. I am really okay with my mom taking her and not me. I am comfortable with where she is going. Emma is going to love it because it is familiar to her. Emma is excited and happy about going. Hopefully there will not be any problems although I do expect her to have a little anxiety when my mom leaves her tomorrow. We will see how it goes! As far as my job, I go to work but I do not see kids until the 19th. There are still plenty of things I need to do to get my media center up and running. It is official - summer is over and back to school we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment