Monday, June 20, 2011

Updates

It has been a long while since I last blogged! I guess that gives an idea how crazy it has been!

Here are some picture from June 4th. I think one of the worst chores is carseat cleaning. They are such a pain to take apart, wash, scrub, and put back together. However, the girls were having a blast playing "rollercoaster" in them with Bo after we were done cleaning!



On June 6th a friend of mine passed away. She was a mom of a four year old. Although I had not seen her in many years, we still liked to keep up with each other on facebook. I was very saddened to hear about her sudden death and I took it pretty hard. I went to Elizabeth City that Wednesday for her visitation.

On June 11th I administered another ACT exam. They are very easy to do, give me quiet time to catch up on some reading and plus you get paid pretty well! Bo took Emma to swim lessons while I did that. Afterwards we went to mom's for dinner. Sunday we went to church and stayed for the church picnic.

The following days were spent preparing for the end of the school year. I don't think anyone really understands the amount of time and paperwork it takes (unless you are an educator) to close out a school year. It is so stressful! However, I said farewell to my 7th group of second graders on the 16th. We had a half of a workday on the 17th and now I am officially on summer break.

I started summer break wonderfully with a visit from Kristin Allan, my best friend from college! Her and her boyfriend Ryan were here for a night and then they are making their way down to Charlotte to see Kirby and then they are coming back here! We went to Watermans at the oceanfront Saturday night and had a very nice evening! Thanks to my mom who babysat the kids and they stayed the night!




No comments:

Post a Comment