Sunday, June 26, 2011

7th Anniversary!

Last year we took a nice weekend trip away for our anniversary and Bo planned another nice weekend for us this year. We left Friday around 2:30, dropped the kids off in Wendell with bo's parents and we went to Wilmington. We stayed at the Hilton again and it was very nice. We checked in and then went straight to dinner - our yearly Melting Pot night. This year we did a late dinner and only did cheese, salad and dessert since we always leave miserably full! We liked how we ate there this year - still full, but not miserable! We went to downtown Wilmington afterwards and listened to some outdoor music.

I loooove the Melting Pot

Saturday was beautiful! We went to breakfast, walked downtown, toured the USS North Carolina Battleship (Bo's choosing, but I went along with it!), went to an adorable cupcake shop called The Pink Cake Stand - so cute and I got a t-shirt that says Hot Pink Mess! I enjoyed a mini red velvet cupcake - so good.Then, we went to the pool for few hours and relaxed.

view from our room
The Battleship we toured

After getting ready we walked to a few more shops downtown and we found a precious "sheep" painting for Hannah's room (since she loves sheep) at a local art gallery. Then, we had an early dinner at Georges - the best crab dip ever. Bo ate shrimp and grits and I had some penne vodka. We ate outside right by the river - perfect weather. The kitchen messed up some of our orders and so the manager paid for 3/4 of our meal!

Then, we went about ten minutes away to this awesome outdoor shopping town center area where the Melting Pot was last night. But, we had more time to shop around that night. Bo patiently let me shop and look around- Victoria's Secret, Sweet and Sassy (presents for the girls - found them some small, cute Dora stuffed animals), Williams Sonoma, GNC Store, J Crew and Banana Republic. Then, we went to see the movie Bad Teacher - it was so funny and I highly recommend it - teachers especially!

The highlight of the weekend was Bo giving me a surprise present. We said no presents since we were going away, saving for our house and eating out so much. But, he pulled it off again - really had no clue at all. He gave me a present in the car as we were leaving for our trip. He said he wanted me to enjoy it all weekend - the sticker on the wrapped box said Finks. He gave me a David Yurman ring to match the bracelet he gave me for my birthday. It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!


We really had a great weekend. Aside from Hannah coming down with a little something Saturday with Bo's parents it was perfect. We picked up the girls around 12:30 today and we got home around 4:30. I think it is nice to get away for just a day or two to be "just us" again. I cannot believe it has been 7 years! Happy Anniversary Bo and thank you for a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment