Monday, April 25, 2011

Friday and Saturday (April 22nd and 23rd)

Easter festivities began Friday evening with coloring eggs. It was just me and the girls. Bo had a softball game and the weather was not nice enough to take the girls out since Hannah had a little cold. They both loved coloring eggs and putting on their stickers.

getting ready!
love this!
go Hannah!
their finished Mickey and Minnie eggs!

On Saturday it was daddy's day to be with the kids as I had a hair appointment. After that I went shopping all by myself!! I managed to get new shoes and a new bathing suit from Dillards, another bathing suit/cover up from Everything But Water and a plentiful bag of clothes from Loft. I really enjoyed time to myself since I barely had any in the past week. When I got home I realized Hannah's cough had worsened. I took her out and run a few more errands hoping the fresh air would help her. However, I called the doctor when I got home. The doctor suggested giving her a half teaspoon of honey to help soothe her cough. Great. I gave her the honey, which she loved. I gave her a bath and put on her pajamas. Bo was going to put her to bed and Emma and I were going to my mom's to deliver some food and the Easter eggs for tomorrow's lunch and egg hunt. Halfway to my mom's Bo calls me in a panic telling me Hannah had broken out in hives and was having an allergic reaction apparently to the honey. I told him to quickly give her some benedryl and drive her to ther ER - I would meet him there since I was right by it. So, my mom had to meet me at the ER to get Emma. We were there about three hours - but they were great about rushing her back immediately. They monitored her well and eventually her swelling went down. As the doctor listened to her he said she sounded like fluid may be in her lungs and she needed an xray to see if she had pneumonia. Little Hannah was great as usual. She never cried. In fact, she entertained everyone in ther ER quite well with her talking and singing. When getting the xray she sat right on the table and said "cheese" to the camera. The xray did show some fluid but not enough to be overly concerned. So, we left the hospital with a steriod for her allergy, and an antiobiotic for the potential pneumonia. She was also supposed to stay on her inhlaer as well as her benedryl. At this point I was already overwhelmed. It was 11:00 at night - we had to get Emma, get home, get Emma in the bath, pack all of the Easter gear/clothes for Sunday after church, and of course the Easter Bunny had not come yet! Anyway, it all works out of course. Hannah slept soundly as ever because she was so tired after showing off at the hospital, but thank goodness she was okay. So, we now have allergies to peanuts, eggs and honey. Luckily Bo noticed it happening and we did not have to use the epi pen. Thankfully we knew just what to do and the doctors all told us that we did everything right.

No comments:

Post a Comment