Saturday, December 4, 2010

Legendary Santa

A tradition I have had since I was little is visiting the Legendary Santa in Richmond. He is the Santa that comes down the chimney and calls you by name when he sees you to come visit with him. Instead of leaving so early in the morning to make it on time for our reservation, we changed things up a bit this year. We left Friday and spent the day shopping in Richmond. Then, Bo and my brother in law met us in Richmond after work and we spent the night at the Hilton in Richmond. The girls did a great job. We had rooms that joined so there was plenty of room to walk around. They both slept great and understood that we were there to see Santa the next day.
last year's picture- 2009

Emma has only asked Santa for one thing - a Minnie Mouse bowl. I don't know how she came up with it other than seeing one in the Disney Store one day. She has plenty of cartoon bowls, plates, spoons, etc. but for some reason she has her precious heart set on a Minnie bowl. She also has said for weeks that Hannah wants books, baby Andy wants books and Lilly wants treats. I was very anxious to see if she would actually tell Santa.

Of course Hannah started the crying, which I knew would set off Emma. So, the picture of them is of them crying again. However, when Bo and I went to get them after their picture was taken, Hannah went with Bo and Emma turned around and told him everything she had said right into his microphone. It was ADORABLE. I was really surprised that she did it. She even pointed over to baby Andy when telling Santa he wants books. Then, Santa asked her for a kiss, put her back on his knee and gave her a hug. He did not do this with any other child there. It was so special.
coming down the chimney
talking to the boys and girls
us four
yes - crying
and then talking to Santa

giving Santa a hug and kiss

train ride
watching the train - cute Christmas outfits

the girls with their Gaga

This trip to Richmond is very memorable to me. As a child I remember taking a big day, dressing up and going with all of my aunts, cousins, grandmother, mom, sister, etc. to visit this Santa Claus. It brought tears to my eyes thinking of my cousin Amanda that passed away seven years ago. I remember this being such a special day. Seeing my children with the same Santa is so wonderful to me. Although it is not in the same building, and the admission process is extremely different, it is still the same Santa. The atmosphere is very different- something a mall Santa just cannot offer.

Afterwards we had a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then we went to Southpark Mall to ride the train. It was probably 11:00 and the girls were tired from being up since 6:30. We had a very peaceful ride home. What a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. We would love to share your blog on the Legendary Santa Facebook page? Plese let us know one way or the other. You can contact me at 804-474-7001

    -Suzie, Marketing Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes suzie, what a surprise! I will be happy to edit/clarify anything written. i usually do my posts late at night when I am exhausted and often find grammar/spelling mistakes. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete