Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Family Party

Thursday, December 23rd was our big family party on my mom's side. This included extended aunts, cousins, etc. I look foward to this night because I see many relatives that I do not regularly see. We also have quite the spread of good food, including my Aunt Shelby's cream cake that members of the family get a slice of before their meal just to ensure they get a piece! Santa always makes a visit, the children sing, my Great Aunt, the eldest in the family reads the Christmas story and this year we even had some adult talent. We were all very thankful to have our cousin John who battled cancer this year and is still healing from his surgery. He gave his testimony on what life holds for him now. It was very special to hear his story and remember past Christmases. It was a very nice evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment