Sunday, October 24, 2010

Homecoming - Friday, October 22nd

This was a big weekend for us! I received an e-mail earlier in the week from ODU stating that COMP scores had been mailed. I knew I was going to get them this weekend and that it would make or break my great planned weekend. This weekend was Homecoming at NSA and my 10 year high school reunion.

Sure enough, Bo got home first on Friday afternoon and called to tell me an envelope from ODU came in the mail. I rushed so fast to get the girls in the car from my mom's house. My heart pounded the whole way home. Bo met me halfway in the neighborhood to hand me the envelope. I opened it and the first word I saw said, "congratulations!" What a relief!!! I passed the COMPS - I graduate on December 18th!! Yea!!

Then we got ready fast because it was Homecoming at my former school. I attended NSA K-12 and love that school so much. I love going to Homecoming but it was even more exciting because of it being my 10 year reunion. I was super excited to take the girls out to the game to see everyone that we just do not get around to seeing that much.

We went to Chick Fil A first - Emma used the potty there!!! - we ate there and then went to the game. The girls had a great time. Emma watched the cheerleaders and loved the band. Hannah loved being able to walk around. Bo and I had to watch them like crazy so they would not end up on the football field. We saw a lot of people. Emma loved seeing her little friend Ally, who's mom and I went to school together and have been friends since first grade. We see them often, so Emma was very comfortable with Ally being there. I got so many sweet compliments on the girls and it was so nice to catch up with so many people. The kids had a great time and even anti-private school Bo enjoyed himself. He knows just as many people as I do now so he is very comfortable being there. Some of my friends went to the post party at a local golf club, but we went home to put the kids to bed!

To top off the night, we got home, I let Lilly out and Emma says, "mommy, potty!" I completely forgot that she had not been at the game and had a pull up on her anyway in case she had an accident. But, she waited until we were home! I am so proud of her! I tell her that everytime she uses the potty. She will get this sweet little smile on her face and say, "thank you, mommy!" She really is doing a great job. She still has the nighttime to work on - but she is consistently going all day in "big girl panties." It was WONDERFUL!

Emma, Hannah and Brayden
Emma, Hannah and Ally
Emma and Ally
Emma distributing snacks to everyone - see Emma's boots?

No comments:

Post a Comment