Saturday, June 19, 2010

Girls Weekend!

WaaaHoooo!!! I had a weekend away! I love my children more than anything, but I had been looking foward to this weekend for a long time! It is still nice to have some time to yourself and being around good friends! It did mean another weekend in a row on the road though - and basically back to the same places!

Again - left Friday night and stayed the night in Raleigh. Saturday morning me and Cindy (Bo's mom) left to meet friends in Charlotte. These were friends that I have come to know through knowing Bo - girls that he knew growing up that are also friends of Mary's. They all grew up together and have accepted and welcomed me since I meant them eight years ago! We see each other often, but not just us - usually with other family, husbands and kids. This time - it was just us! Carrie offered to host everyone in Charlotte to shop, eat and hang out. So, Cindy and I left and picked up Mary in Greensboro. We passed Kim and Jill on 85 and arrived in Charlotte at the same time. Elisa, Carrie and their mom Amy were already there.

We enjoyed lunch at California Pizza kitchen and shopped from 1:30 to 6 at my favorite mall in Charlotte. We did some damage at Anthropologie, Nordstrom, Belk, Gap, Limited, Loft and I don't even know where else. Then we went to dinner at Aria (I think) and had excellent wine and Italian dinners. Even better, Flower met me for a drink. It was great to catch up with her too!

We all learned a little more about each other that weekend! We also celebrated Amy's 60th birthday and stayed up until 2:00 just talking enjoying the company. It was great to be away and it was great to be back. Bo and his dad did great with the babies and it was wonderful to see their smiles when I got back to them.





No comments:

Post a Comment