Saturday, June 19, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend/Pool Scare

I know - this was like a month ago. We have been so busy that the least of my worries has been to blog, but now I am so very behind!

I wanted to recap our Memorial Day because it was such craziness - as is our life right now. We were to spend the weekend in Raleigh with Bo's family. We arrived Friday night. The girls did great getting there, went to bed fine and slept all night.

We woke up the next morning and we all went to the children's museum in Raleigh - Marbles. That place was precious! Me, Bo, Emma, Hannah, Bo's parents, Mary, Britt, Gibson and Owen all went and we had so much fun letting the kids run around. We left there and then had a party with some friends visiting from Florida with thier new baby.

We found out that there was a death in Bo's family in Kannapolis. Since we were already in Raleigh and I had Monday off, then it seemed like the right thing to do was to drive to Kannapolis the next day and spend the day with Bo's grandmother and her family since we could not make it to the funeral.

Sunday us and Mary's crew headed to Kannapolis - about two hours away. We all got there and the kids had a good time playing. Mamaw was so excited to see us and it was good to see everyone that we do not see often at all. We left around 4:00 and headed back to Greensboro. We were going to stay the night in Greensboro to break up the trip for us. The kids played outside, ate dinner, took a bath and just had a good time.

We then left Greensboro Monday morning and came home. We were home by lunchtime. The girls did great in the car and actually slept at the same time so all was just fine.

We decided to go to the pool since it was so beautiful out. Emma and Hannah both loved the pool! They were adorable in thier little floats and Emma is so much more brave about it this year. She wants to be let go and on her own so bad.

We were getting ready to leave and Bo took Hannah to dry off. I had Emma on the steps playing with her. I am sitting there and I hear - CRASH! I turn around and Bo is on the ground and Hannah was falling toward the concrete. The chair that Bo was sitting in gave out. I dont think I ever got out of the water so fast in my life trying to get to Hannah. She was screaming, Emma was confused and standing there, Bo was still on the ground, all of our neighbors were rushing from all directions of the pool. Hannah was okay but crying so hard that she could barely catch her breath. I was scared to death. She had a little mark on her upper forehead that looked almost like a rug burn, but nothing other than that. I had been so educated on "bumping heads" that I knew what to look for and she did not show any signs of head trauma. We took it easy the rest of the day and watched her very closely.

I am so thankful that she was okay. The homeowners association in our neighborhood is now getting new chairs for our pool.

It was definately a hectic weekend. Aside from that part, it was wonderful and we enjoyed having the kids together so much. My camera was dead but Mary has some pictures of them that I need to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment