Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving

I am trying so hard to keep up on the blog! It is so hard with all that we have going on! I am up at almost midnight and need to be up by 4:30 AM because we have a big event planned tomorrow. However, I want to update this so I do not get too far behind!

Thanksgiving was very nice. One of the most wonderful things to be thankful for this year is that my wonderful, amazing, loving, hilarious grandmother (Mammie) got to come home the day before Thanksgiving. She has been hospitalized since the beginning of September, then went to a rehab center. We are so thankful for her. She is the core of our family and loves her family more than anything in the world. I do not know what I would do without my girls knowing her. I want them to remember her so badly. We were there when she got home and we got her to mom's for lunch just fine!

Mammie coming home!

We spent Thanksgiving lunch at my moms with all of the aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. It is always so much fun when we are all together. The cousins drew names for polyanna's and we spent the afternoon talking and laughing (the boys watched football.)

us at mom and dad's on Thanksgiving (yes, matching outfits for the girls)

Then the Hamrick's hit the road in the new van!!! Wooo-hooo!! What a blessing it was to have that vehicle with two babies on the road for two and a half hours! I could easily get to the back seat when they needed something. Emma watched her movies. It was great!

We had a great time at the Hamricks' in Raleigh. Emma got to play with her cousins Owen and Gibby. Although, we had to separate Owen and Emma a lot - Owen is all boy and Emma is not used to being around a rough little boy! They were so cute. Nana and Dadoo got them new Christmas pajamas and we took their picture together. Bo and I also attempted our Christmas card picture. It turned out okay, but I think we are going to try again with Lilly. Hopefully I will have a Christmas card out by Christmas Eve! I have never been this late before!

adorable kids
We are certainly looking foward to the holidays. We got home Sunday afternoon, got our tree, and then went to my crazy cousins, Joey's house for his grand illumination of his house! What a weekend - and think - it is only going to get crazier! What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment