Monday, November 23, 2009

Disney Live



The picture we had taken with the cardboard Mickey and Minnie. Emma thought they were real!

For some reason this event was such a big deal to me as a parent. Emma has been a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan since she was about six months old. She danced to the music very early and the pictures and music caught her attention earlier than I expected. She has three Minnie Mouse stuffed animals around the house and one Mickey Mouse that stays in the car. She has to hold one of them while watching the show. One of her first words was also "Mi Mou" for Mickey Mouse and soon after came "nienie" for Minnie. She also became very observant in stores when seeing a Mickey - she would point and say his name. Her favorite book is a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Christmas book. So, when I saw that Disney Live was coming to our area we had to go.



Emma before the performance began

Emma slept the whole way leaving the house, dropping off Hannah and then to Norfolk. She woke up knowing we were somewhere different. We walked in the building and all of the Disney merchandise made her light up. I was really afriad she would not make it through the show, but she did. She was awake the whole time and continued to point and dance through the whole performance. She was precious. My mom even had a special Minnie outfit made for her to wear, which she got tons of compliments on.




Emma waiting for it to start. I kept telling her Mickey Mouse would be there and she kept looking!

As a parent you feel so good when you are able to do something special for your child that makes them extra happy. After tickets, food, cotton candy, a Mickey hat, a picture taken with a cardboard Mickey/Minnie and a photo program we had contributed our share to Disney for the day. I know I will remember the day more than Emma, but I know she had a great time. It was a special day for her. To make things better we got to move to floor seats after intermission and see the characters closer. I remember the days when my parents took me to shows like this and I could not believe I was sitting there doing the same thing with my husband and child. This was just one of those days I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment