Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Ride

I have been driving for almost 12 years and I have had five cars. After three weeks of having two children Bo and I decided it was time for number six. The last car we owned was an SUV - a nice Honda Pilot. It was a great car and never left us stranded, however it was not equipped for two children, two car seats and a double stroller. It had a third seat that we could put up, however it left us no storage room in the back when you add in the huge double stroller. Additionally, nobody could get in the third seat because of the two car seats in the middle row. Pretty much, nobody could go anywhere with us if our family of four was in the vehicle. Moreover, traveling would be a nightmare because we would have no room for luggage.

So, we began the search in the summer. I did not want a large SUV - too hard to park and too much gas. We knew a midsize SUV would not work - as mentioned above. What else is there to consider but a van? Yes, that is what we purchased a Honda Odyssey. Many people have laughed at me, and that is fine! It was my decision and it is what I wanted.


It is loaded with the satellite radio, rear backup camera, sun roof, built in window screens for the kids, DVD player, wireless headphones, heated seats, IPOD hook up, electric everything, the store and go seats, automatic doors that open and close (and will stop if a child gets in front of them) and the best storage that any vehicle could offer for all of the "baby stuff" plus more for luggage space when we travel.

So far I love it. It is a child friendly vehicle - and let's face it - that is what we need. I like that I can take my mom, sister and whoever else along with us somewhere. Emma loves watching Mickey on the DVD player and starts pointing to it whenever we get in. She can watch her cartoons while I can listen to my music. I can press the button on my keychain and the doors open so I can handle both children getting in and out without putting one of them down to open or close a door.

View from the backseat.

I know - I am 28 and I am driving a van. But, I am a 28 mom of two. It is convenient, spacious, entertaining for the kids, SAFE, and easy to load up whoever I want and take off to any mall I need to get to - haha! I will worry about having another "cool" car when I am done with carseats, strollers, diaper bags, bottle carriers, etc. I am a mom - this car is for my kids and if it takes driving a van to keep our family together and comfortable then I am all for it :)

Check out this storage! Who wants to go somewhere?

3 comments:

  1. I love your new ride! I think it's great and I love the dvd screens in the back - that is going to be so nice for long car rides! :) I couldn't agree more, the safety of your kiddos is much more important than driving a "cool" car :) Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New cars are exciting! And you are not 28 yet!
    Love and miss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new van!! Keith is ready to get one NOW! I have told him that we should wait until #2, however, you just might have me sold!! haha :) Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete